Vn2511 bill validator not taking in bills in a Snackshop 6600

I saw a thread about a vn2511 bill validator and they were having the same issue but didn’t seem to resolve the problem. 

the issue I’m having is that the validator powers on with green led lights on as well. Though when I try inserting a dollar bill it won’t even pull the bill in and the lights turn off and in a couple seconds I can hear the stacker motor running and then it resets to looking like it’s ready to take a dollar bill. I tried folding the dollar bill in half and inserting it on the right and left side and it does pull in the bill about half way then spits it back out(this leads me to believe the motors are working)

I’ve tried two different coin mechs that to my knowledge are working properly but still having the issue with the validator. I’ve taken apart the validator and all belts look like new and are in place. 

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance 

Remove the billbox and loweer unit. Clean everything inside. If you can blow out with air. Check all connections/plugs for secure fit. Power down and back up and test.If this doesn't help you may need to send in for service.

17 hours ago, cvending said:

Remove the billbox and loweer unit. Clean everything inside. If you can blow out with air. Check all connections/plugs for secure fit. Power down and back up and test.If this doesn't help you may need to send in for service.

Thank you for the suggestions. It fixed itself for now so I’m getting a spare for when this happens again

46 minutes ago, vendpaka said:

It fixed itself for now so I’m getting a spare for when this happens again

That's scary...

There are sensors in the front edge that the dbv uses to engage the transport motor to pull the bills in.  Generally, if those are dirty, your transport motor will run until it errors out.  Power cycle should make it repeat if that's the issue.  Otherwise, I'd be looking at the transport motor or board.  Either would need to be sent out for repair.