Ap 113 shelf not vending

I've got an AP 113 and one of the candy shelves isn't vending.  It just says make another selection for every slot.  So I pulled that entire tray out and swapped it with the one above and it worked up there but the shelf below still didn't work.  So I assumed its the plug in the back of the cabinet.  I happen to have an ap 113 in the garage so I go out there to take the plug off of the back of the shelf and it looks like all of the connections are soldered together.  I am confused if all of the plugs are connected why one would stop working?  Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

The common wire to that shelf has a problem.  It could be that the corresponding shelf pin pushed the female end out of the cabinet connector.  Took at the back cabinet connector and see if every slot has two shiny contacts in them.  The one that might not is probably the issue.  This problem can happen when the shelf rollers are loose or broken and the shelf doesn't line up the connectors, or the shelf is slammed into the cabinet.  You can swap the wires with a soldering gun to an unused opposing pairs, if there is one available.  Since it's a candy shelf there may not be any spare connectors to solder to.

If the connectors look good then you can ohm out the cabinet common wire to that shelf back to the logic board.  There will be a wire labeled with the letter of that shelf and you ohm it back to the logic board connector that is unplugged from the board.  If it fails the ohms test and is an open circuit then you need to trace the wire all the way to the shelf, or replace it singly.

This machine acutally got flipped over and all the shelves slammed into the front.  We ha to replace alot of the wheels, so there is a great possiblity that the shelves didin't line up and slammed into the back of the cabinet.  All of the wheels have been replaced and everything is lining up now.  Are you saying that one plug could have been damaged in the accident.  is there anyway to fix the plug without soldering?

Do the inspection of the back cabinet connector as I mentioned.  If one slot is damaged and it is the lettered wire that's common to the shelf then you'll have to move the wires to an open connector as I mentioned.  Otherwise, if you can't find the open in that common wire then you can use Scotch-Loc connectors to piggyback a new wire from the logic board connector all the way to the cabinet back connector for that shelf's lettered wire.