1800 Machines

davidsurvz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To vend capsules on the 1800 machines I remove the spacer under the gum ball wheel and I remove the longer of the two tension springs that cover the opening. Make sure the wheel is set between two holes when vending capsules. With candy you line up the openings. With caps you offset the openings. Make sure you try it a couple of times with product to make sure it is working correctly before placing it in the account. This will eliminate mis-vend issues.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am also having a problem keeping up with threads I post on. My solution is to click on my own username and choose profile from the popup menu. Then, I click on "posts" and see all my posts and can check the threads that way. It's a bit much, but it works.

By the way, I haven't had trouble so long as I remove the spacer and open up the gumball wheel to the maximum setting. Of course, we're just getting started, so now you have me worried that some of my machines on location may be misvending.

What was your experience when the long spring is not removed? What kind of problems would that cause?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Well,  I want to throw in my 2 cents.  I have been working with these machines for over a year and a half. 

What I like:

durable

look nice

removable canisters

drop through coin mechs

metal mechs

easy to take apart and clean

all around good quality

What I don't like:

Sometimes my quarters do not land in the coin tray.

The coin tray is all one piece.

I would highly recommend these machines.

• 2 weeks later...

I too highly recommend the 1800 machines.  Not only are they better looking than most other machines but very good quality and extremely well designed.  Really like the removeable cannisters, sun screen, tubular locks and fast easy access to collect the quarters.  They can vend toy/capsules, candy or balls.  Relatively inexpensive to purchase and readily available.  Great machines to start in the vending business or to keep adding to an existing route.  They get an A+ from me.

nam

• 2 weeks later...

Read this section twice and couldn't find anything about how to put the machine together. Maybe I missed it because I'm tired. The giant 3 head piece doesn't want to go on the green pole. I'm not sure if I installed the pole into the bottom face the correct way either, but it certainly doesn't want to come out. Not sure if that's good or bad. Otherwise this machine looks great and I am excited to put it out on location.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my first 1800 machine today (machine #1 overall) and I love it! :D It is very solid, and looks great.  I got it used, so tomorrow I get to take the machine apart again to clean it thoroughly--got too excited and wanted to assemble it tonight to see how it looked put together.  I think it looks so much better than all of the other machines out there and I will never be embarrassed bringing this machine into a location.  Now to place it...

Read this section twice and couldn't find anything about how to put the machine together. Maybe I missed it because I'm tired. The giant 3 head piece doesn't want to go on the green pole. I'm not sure if I installed the pole into the bottom face the correct way either, but it certainly doesn't want to come out. Not sure if that's good or bad. Otherwise this machine looks great and I am excited to put it out on location.

I also had a bit of trouble figuring out how to put the 3 head piece on the pole part.  I read the directions 2-3 times and finally figured out that you screw it on from 'inside' the machine.  I'm very visually oriented and the directions are just text so, it would have helped a lot if there were more diagrams.

• 1 month later...

Hello all...

I started in March of 08 with 20 1800 triple heads purchased from 1800vending.com. I have had zero problems with them so far.

I did notice that they seem to have shifted to the soda/snack combos as the way to go. That made me a little nervous since I paid for the lifetime warranty and support, (And YES they ARE pricey! :) ) and now it looks like they went away.

So I emailed the coach they had set me up with a year and a half ago not expecting to hear anything, but lo and behold they were still at the other end of the line! The support site had a small change to its address, and I still have full access to their ordering process, as well as parts. FYI - In case someone needs something for a 1800 triple head.

• 4 weeks later...

hello. i have a  chance to get slightly used 1800 for 90.00. is that good? thanks

It is okay. It is neither a steal, nor an opportunity to get ripped off. A brand new 1800 is worth up to 100$, and an absolute steal for anything less than 50. A good condition one is generally worth 60-80 IMO. So if slightly used is near new condition it's not bad at all. If the coin mechs show significant wear, or there are cracks in the plastic, etc, then it would be overpaying. The company sold them new for 300$. That was a rip off, and should not influence your valuation of the product. It sucks that someone overpaid for it before, but it's not your problem. They are worth what they are worth, and past prices do not dictate future value.

I just found out the 1800 that are slightly used have gone down. I will buy 5 of yhem on payday. which will bring me up to 6 triples and 5 doubles.I have yet to place them as i have no time because of work, 2 kids and a wife that works graveyard, but i will have my first locations mid month.

To vend capsules on the 1800 machines I remove the spacer under the gum ball wheel and I remove the longer of the two tension springs that cover the opening. Make sure the wheel is set between two holes when vending capsules. With candy you line up the openings. With caps you offset the openings. Make sure you try it a couple of times with product to make sure it is working correctly before placing it in the account. This will eliminate mis-vend issues.

Gary

How successful has this been? I'm looking at doing it on several machines in restaurant locations on charity. Going to do the sea/zoo mania in 1 or 2 heads since they are goodsellers and identical to GB in shape making the prevent of misvends easy. I'd like to run glowsticks with them, but do not want to have any misvend issues.

I'm working on the batch of 20 of these I bought a week ago. (Painted/assembled them earlier this week, now I'm cleaning heads, setting with stickers and products) This thread has been excellent. I'm going to vend glow sticks from one of the heads and I've taken off the longer of the springs, opened the wheel all the way, and removed the riser. I'll let people know if I'm seeing any misvend issues, but given the advice earlier in the thread I expect this will keep the misvend rate VERY low. It should restrict it to the rare broken capsule, given that it's a single agitator (granted metal spring and not plastic), rather than helicopter, I think I'll do okay there. I love making progress.

• 1 year later...

Archived