Vendo V255?

Hey everyone,

I'm new here. I recently acquired a Dr Pepper Vendo Machine and from what I see online, this model number barely seems to exist. See the photo posted. It says V255. I can't seem to find anything online about it except for one other machine that was sold.

I'm trying to find some parts for replacing sold out lights and any guides to how to change the labels on the machine or at least remove them as well as maintenance. Does anyone have any idea what machine this one might be similar to and or could help on the above? Thank you!

BeAPepper

00b0b_9hKU4ORLbdH_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

IMG_20240613_220412.jpg

The sold out lights are standard to the industry as they are snapped into the back of the selection buttons.  To get the labels out, cut a thin piece of paper or cardboard to slip in behind the current label and then with some friction between the two you might be able to coax the old ones out.  Beware that this is probably a lowering shelf machine and they are very troublesome in old age. 

https://e4995306-5b39-4820-8d83-ef2846e90a02.usrfiles.com/ugd/e49953_092fd69178c74183a465c100b0c9a56b.pdf

Edited by AZVendor

Thanks for this, any idea of one being out there that includes the Dr Pepper machine? This one seems to be missing it. @AZVendor are you suggesting doing that from the front of the machine? Ideally I want to take the plastic pieces off and clean them as someone pasted stuff over them.

Don't worry about what you think is missing from the manual, it still applies to your machine. A lowering shelf machine is a lowering shelf machine.  The doors were branded depending on which bottler the machine was sold to.  Since you can't get any door parts the logos don't matter, nor do the machine models, but the parts theory is still the same. 

You access the flavor strips from the back of the door.  Each button has a slot on the side where the strip is slid into.  By the way, you won't find any flavor strips for this anywhere.  To remove the buttons you can remove the selection switch bracket and the buttons will come free.  If you remove the selection switches do not lose the button return springs.

You would have been much better off with a Dixie Narco machine of the same vintage since those parts are still available used and sometimes new.