Rowe bc-1200 issues

motoman202

Hey all new here,   I have a rowe bc-1200 with a mei 2500 series bill acceptor.   This machine has an update kit that will allow it to accept newer bills.  It has been working great but now I am getting a 2 flash error on the MEI, which says it is being disabled from you coin changer.   

This model does not have an always enable dip setting.   I have gone through all setting on the control computer and nothing is out of wack.  Coin hoppers are full,  I have tried running a programing coupon through it and I get 7 flashes after the coupon instead of 10.    Seems no matter what I try I can't get this to clear the disable error out.    Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Have a repair depot, hopefully local, test the bill acceptor for you.  It probably needs service from what you're experiencing.  Wow, a BC1200.  That's an oldie but not as old as a BC12.

Edited by AZVendor

My bet is that One or more of your hoppers has a faulty sensor or the changer board stopped seeing it due to open harness or failure. 

you should be able to test continuity through your hopper sensor if coins are at level. 

14 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

My bet is that One or more of your hoppers has a faulty sensor or the changer board stopped seeing it due to open harness or failure. 

you should be able to test continuity through your hopper sensor if coins are at level. 

I initially thought that.  But if I remove the hoppers the changer gives me a check sensor error and when the hoppers are installed I do not get that error. Which leads me to believe that the sensors are working.