Steve - what happened?

alyssamma

Note to self....

Next time I terminate someones hosting account, make sure it is NOT my own.  :-[

Those backups I make are worth their weight in gold now. Antonio, you can come down off that ledge now.

I think I have been punished enough. I caught this at 1am this morning and it took me until about 2pm this afternoon to restore everything. When I say I "terminated" the account, I mean it. EVERYTHING was wiped. The only thing left of VENDiscuss was the domain name.

I'm going to bed.

My palms started to sweat, after about 2 hours I curled up in a fetal position, started sucking my thumb and rocking back and forth.  I didn't know what to do with my time!  I cleaned out my van 3 times today and started drinking straight vodka from the bottle!

Steve, thanks for minimum down time........

I had to spend quality time with my family. Thanks for getting the site back and running.

Rofl!! Last night when the site went down (seconds after I clicked on one post, read it, then refreshed,) my wife saw me looking at my monitor with my jaw nearly on the floor. She looked at the monitor and realized what had happened, then said, "Now what are you going to do?" I was so shocked, I had no answer!

I kept refreshing the page. I even tried changing browsers! Nothing worked. What a terrible feeling.

Scott

I'm of this week and planned to catch up on the reading I've been missing. My heart sank when I wasn't able to get in here. I said to my wife, now what do I do? She gave me a honey-to-do list a mile long.

Thanks for the restoration, Steve.

geez, I guess my wife was right. She's not the only VENDiscuss widow.  :)

Maybe the wives all got together and had something to do with this downtime? ;) I'll be looking over my shoulder when I leave home from now on!