1800 vending caps... HELP! ..... I need some insight

davidsurvz

I have removed riser, large spring and opened wheels as far as possible (almost 100%). Vended nothing on 2 out of 10 quarters. The acorn cap falls nicely through the open wheels before I put it back together, then when I have it ready to vend it misvends most recently 2/10. Hmmm.... plan B.

did you off set the wheel ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I got #8x1/2" pan head phillips zinc screws and #8 metal or zinc washers. I am going to rig two wheels up today, it looks like 2-3 washers on one side and one on the other and pump quarters into them like a crazy kid. I'll let you know what the results are.

I've done everything mentioned above and still get misvends. Not as many, I would say 97% success rate, still it is the 3 you hear about and the "out of order" sign goes up. I have 4 washers on the left side of the spring and 1 on the right, offset the wheel, removed the large spring and riser and opened the wheel opening all the way. The acorn cap seems to get hung up somehow. I'll just continue to use round caps as much as possible, and give the locs quarters for misvends.

It is interesting... the Monkeys are the worst, they fall apart etc., others are better. I haven't done all my acorns but I will b4 putting them out.

funny that you mention the monkeys because that was the same toy that has been mentioned before with a misvend issue.

Do those 1-800 wheels have spring agitators?  You MUST have some type of stirring mechanism for acorn caps, especially the lighter ones.  Otherwise, they will mis-vend at an unacceptable percentage.  Northwestern redesigned their wheel years ago to deal with this issue and IMO has the most reliable capsule wheel.  Uturn also has a reliable wheel as well - believe it or not.

Jax

I am not familiar with 1-800 stuff and have never owned one.  So I can not give specific advice on how to jury-rig one.  Rather, I am trying to inform you that the wheel must have proper agitation in order to vend acorn capsules reliably.  Most capsule wheels have springs attached to do this.  A single piece of plastic would probably not be sufficient.  Below is a Uturn capsule wheel as an example.  Good luck.

Jax

I think newer 1800's have a spring at 90degree angle and older ones have a curved plastic rod both spin when he wheels turn. I believe the instructions are to put a screw directly through the spring agitator to stiffen it up.

All my spring wheels are in the field so i tested my newly acquired curved plastic wheels and it seems to work but i want to test without c riser once i grab some washers.

I have some 1800's with both Spring and solid ones.

As far as the screw, yes I am talking about putting a screw in the agitator spring and making the spring more solid and using the half rounded head of the screw to give the spring a rounded end instead of just the spring which seems to catch on the caps sometimes.

This seems to be a great improvement to the machine vending caps.

WOW,

This sure turned into a project. Forget the wheels with the spring on them for vending caps out of the 1800's I have seen a ton of improvement but I still get some mis-vends. I am seeing much better results with the solid wheels. I do occasionally see a mis-vend with the solid wheel but it is rare that nothing comes out. I am going to run the solid wheels for now until I can get the round caps.

Now my question is does anyone know which size round caps the Buzz Bites will fit in?