1800 vending caps... HELP! ..... I need some insight

davidsurvz

I am running some capsules in 1800's. This is to resolve the issue of Buzz Bites machines jamming. I put Buzz Bites in 1.1 caps and put GB wheels in my 1800 canister and I was testing to make sure the machine would vend OK and I kept getting no vend when I deposited the coins probably 40 to 50 % of the time. I made sure the setting on the GB wheel was all the way open and still had some issues. I removed one of the springs and that really helped but I still get misvends at the location sometimes. Any advice or insight as to what I am doing wrong? I really don't want any more problems with the BB's dispensing. This is turning out to be a good location I don't want customers to put money in the machine and get no product. Is there something I am missing here???

Thnaks,

David

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David:

You are probably vending acorn caps on the 1800? I have the same problem and have not found a solution yet other than to only vend round 1.1" caps. On 25 vends I get 1 misvend on average with the acorn cap; large spring is out and wheel all the way open and still get a misvend. They will get hung up from time to time in the cannister. Nothing you can do about it that I know of. I find owner's putting out of order signs on cannisters with acorn caps. I am just buying round caps and working my way thru the acorn's. It does really limit what you can vend; we need to keep asking the manufacturers to offer round caps on their products.

Jim

ActionMatic (http://www.actionmatic.com/index2.html) out of canada sells empty round caps and even has a selection of items that come in the round caps.  I especially like the smiley games that are built into the round caps.  I also know that A&A will sell their items in bulk (not capped) so you can buy from A&A at the best prices and cap your own in the round caps if you want to.

there is a certain way you need to put the gumball wheel for it to function properly.the wheel shouldn`t be aligned the way you align it for candy but rather off set.the piece of plastic in between the 2 holes of the gumball wheel should be centered with the hole that lets the capsule fall out.

when you look at it from the top 2 of the holes where the capsules fall into on the wheel will be over the hole that allows the cap to fall down the chute but only half way each.removeing the spring is also a must to vend caps with this set up.I am not sure how to explain myself better,I hope I was of help.

I think I have the solution to this. I shimmed up the spring with a couple of small plastic washers. It seems to have resolved the issue. Well, I did 2 other things also. I set the vend wheel to the location that Antonio recommended, and I also added a custom position to the wheel opening. I opened up all the way and drilled a set screw hole in that spot and by doing all of those things it seems to have resolved the issue. If anyone wants to try this out and I am not making the procedure very clear let me know and I will try to elaborate.

Thanks for the input guys!

David

I have to add an addendum to this ..............

I also removed the "riser" and I added a total of 4 washers on the one side of the spring where the capsules go into the opening to the chute. I ran a ton of tests and this resolved the issue so far 100%

SUCCESS!!!!!!! :) :)

Hey David,

I use 800's for 1" capsules all the time. If you remove the "C" insert and open up the holes all the way, and remove 1 spring, you shouldn't have any issues with miss-vends. If all the holes are not completely open, take 2 of the screws out and just tighten the one screw that allows you to open them up full. You can just drop a dozen caps in there and insert quarters and all caps will drop in easily. The round caps will work like gumballs but the acorns work as well. You don't need to offset the holes to the middle of 2 vends.

Gary

Hey David,

I use 800's for 1" capsules all the time. If you remove the "C" insert and open up the holes all the way, and remove 1 spring, you shouldn't have any issues with miss-vends. If all the holes are not completely open, take 2 of the screws out and just tighten the one screw that allows you to open them up full. You can just drop a dozen caps in there and insert quarters and all caps will drop in easily. The round caps will work like gumballs but the acorns work as well. You don't need to offset the holes to the middle of 2 vends.

Gary

Do you do this with the candy wheel, or the gumball wheel?

1st post above: It's been awhile since I've opened mine up. But I don't think the candy wheel had a C riser, and there would be no 1 spring to remove.

I tried acorns in the gumball wheel before, the problem then was the acorns would not fall down far enough in the hole, and would get caught and sling shot out when the exposed part jammed up against the spring. And of course removing that spring would just make things fall out for free. So I guess if you did replace the C riser with spacers that did not limit the fall depth of the acorns that should work.

2nd post above: But now your saying you don't need the spacers either? Well if others have figured it out so can I. Next chance I get I will disassemble one again.

I started to post something else on this last night but lost the post accidently.

This thread is dealing with vending Acorn style caps out of the 1800 mcahines.

I have to add some additional information here. After messing around with the machines / wheels and running several million test vends (slight exaggeration ;)) I realized part of the problem is the type of GB wheel. I have some of the GB wheels that have a spring attached to them on the top part (the part that mixes up the caps / GB) the wheels with the metal springs tend to misvend ocasionally while the ones with the solid piece on the wheel seem to do much better more like 100%. I will say that I have been pushing 95% to 98% success rate on the ones with the springs after I made the adjustments / modifications. I decided to drill a screw into the center of the spring to make it solid and see if that will help improve the success rate. I won't be able to test it until tonight after I get home from work. The whole house is asleep now and it would be too loud to test. I will let you guys know if it gets better / worse, etc.

Here is a link to the kind of wheel I am talking about:

http://www.gumball.com/classic-gumball-wheel.aspx

I also want to say that as far as Gary's description he is right on. I did still have some misvends though so that is why I placed the washers on the spring. That really took care of the problem.

Here are the adjustments I made:

The GB wheel openings are set to 100% open. (If the wheels don't open 100% with the factory set screw holes I make a custom "set screw" position to open them all the way, I think this is only a problem with the GB wheels that have the springs on them.)

I also remove the riser (C riser) from the GB wheel set up.

I remove the large spring from the bottom portion of the GB wheel and leave the small spring on the part where the caps drop through the wheel into the "candy chute."

This is where you should start seeing some real success but I still seemed to have misvends taking place. I decided to "shim up" the spring where the caps fall into the chute and then I started seeing much more improvement. I used 4 small washers (approximately 1/4 inch total shim height)on the side where the caps fall into the chute and one washer on the other side. (If you decide to try this out you will need longer screws than what comes with the wheels for the side with 4 washers.) Also, make sure the spring doesn't pop up over the palstic rim piece or you will vend 2 or 3 caps some times usually followed by a misvend.)

I also set the wheel in the postition mentioned by Antonio.

Doing all of this seems to have worked. I am still sorting out the issue with the spring on the top part of the GB wheel.

I will let everyone know when I have success there too.

David

I have removed riser, large spring and opened wheels as far as possible (almost 100%). Vended nothing on 2 out of 10 quarters. The acorn cap falls nicely through the open wheels before I put it back together, then when I have it ready to vend it misvends most recently 2/10. Hmmm.... plan B.