1800 vending caps... HELP! ..... I need some insight

davidsurvz

I am going to attempt this with non 1800 machines just the regular "classic style" machines and see how successful I am there. I would think I would have the same success since the wheels are exactly the same the edges of the brush housing are just cut off to fit in the 1800 canisiters.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

David

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some people mentioned putting BB in 1.1" rounds. Wanted to report that I tried that and the BB would not fit in the rounds. I went to the acorns and they fit fine. I am using the acorns in the 1-800s with no problem. It's been a few months so I don't recall exactly how I set it up. I think all I did was remove the gray riser underneath the wheel.

• 1 month later...

I made a rack with 2 1800 machines with all toys.I just got done drilling and resizeing the gap the caps fall through.I never thought of that thanks davidsurvz  !!

all the agitators are the plastic ball tipped kind but one is spring type.it only has 1 spring but room for two,how many springs do you guys have on yours?this is my 1 and only spring type wheel.

I think it would help to put a stiffer spring with a big fat screw to hold it in.

I have been trying to figure out why 1800's and my LYPC's have been mis-vending at such a high rate. I finally changed over 142  wheels in my LYPC machines to Oak capsule wheels, and they work great! No more mis-vends. Now that I can really look at the construction of a real capsule wheel, I can see why the 800's and LYPC's do not work correctly.

First, the center post on the Oak wheel is like an agitator on a washing machine. It is not a smooth shaft like the 800/LYPC's. Capsules are moved around the shaft on every turn of the wheel. 800/LYPC's just stay in the same place while the smooth shaft turns around.

Second, the holes in the wheel are larger so all 1" and 1.1" and self-vend products fall in the holes every time.

Third, the two springs that cover the hole are attached under the hole instead of on top where the screw heads and springs catch on to the capsules edges and hold back the capsules from falling in the holes.

Finally, the center shaft is longer and the agitator spring is longer and very stiff. When you turn the coin handle, the whole canister of capsules moves around.

Gary

The top 2 pictures are the new Oak capsule wheels. You can see what I mean about the center agitator and the springs attached under the spring housing. The third picture is the LYPC wheel and spring housing.

I discovered the improvement when I used the A&A capsule wheel for vending Buzz Bites (in caps) to replace an actual  Buzz Bite machine at a location. (They have the same design as the OAK wheels.) I am very impressed with the A&A machines mechanically.  The A&A wheel vends very smoothly and drops a capsule every time. The only difference on the A&A machine with capsule and Gumballs is that the GB set up has the riser in it and the capsule set up doesn't. I am very impressed with the A&A machines operation. They run very smoothly. The first few times I ran quarters through the capsule machine I didn't think anything came out because I was so used to how much tension was on the 1800's vending the capsules. (I haven't decided what I am going to do as far as all the capsule machines yet but I may swap them out from 1800's to A&A capsules, fortunately it isn't that many machines just a few.)

I think all the steps I took with the 1800's were very successful but I am only in the 95 to 98% range on the capsule vends. (That is a huge improvement but I want to keep as many customers as possible coming back to my machines.) I would rather see 100% and not lose 1 customer over a mis-vend.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried drilling a 2 inch screw through the middle of the plastic agitator to see if that would help stir the caps up.it worked very well untill the whole plastic stirer broke off and ruined a cap wheel.

I am wondering if screwing a longer screw sideways would help.I know by doing so you can`t put the canister in the middle spot of the machine but I figure haveing to buy 2 good selling round cap toys in those selctions has to be easier then finding 6 of them.I am not sure if the wheel will actually spin though but I am done for tonite,tomorrow I will experiment more.I will do the washer thing since I haven`t done that yet.I only have 1 out of 3 selections be toys in round caps so far in some 1800 machines that have a toy selection and I have snack attack in 1 and I have heard no complaints fortunately.haveing 6 selections all on 1 rack could lead to more then 1 misvend a day and that could get a machine booted,so my all toy 1800 rack will have to sit longer untill we figure this out.

I was looking at the design of the agitator from A&A and it is simple. Seems to work very well. It is similar to what Gary mentioned previously. I am planning on trying to design something that I can actually attach to the GB wheel that will be the same design to replace the wheels I am using now. It may take me a while but I am determined to figure something out.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't had time to attempt to adjust / design / modify the GB wheel to be more similar to the A&A style wheel yet but things will slow down for me in a week or so and I can hopefully start working on it then. (No promises though, I can't believe how busy remodeling my kitchen, the holidays, certification testing for my regular job, my wife, 5 kids and house and vending business, etc,etc, etc. keep me) ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Have found the plastic arms in the 1800 gb wheel are snapping off way too much. Has anyone found a solution to the plastic agitator arm breaking off, either as a preventative fix or after the break? I will be using ony the spring agitator arm until a solution can be found (for toys). This is a priority so will post if I can find a dependable fix. Does any other GB wheel work with the 1800 setup?