Looking for a locator

BluePlate

I'm looking for a locator who can place a few commission locations for me.  I have 5 Bounce-A-Roos, 2 Racks, 2 Sports Blasters and at least 1 (maybe 2 skill cranes) I'm looking to locate.  Can anyone recommend a locator or if a locator reading this is interested, drop me a PM with some quotes.  I'm going to hit the streets later this week to start locating myself, but would love some help.

I believe that your best bet is to locate commission bulk spots yourself.  I have not had much luck with locators doing commission bulk spots.  Their entire pitch is based on a charity spin and when you take that away they become fish out of water and pretty much choke on the order.  And it's harder to do since now you MUST talk with the REAL decision maker!  You are better off trying to find a retired sales type (like a retired insurance salesmen who is bored) to do commission bulk rather than a locating company.  Good luck in any event.

Jax

Another idea is to give your PT locator a portion or all of the first month gross. Doing it that way would be in their best interest to find quality locations.

Not a bad idea, so long as you are careful.

Otherwise you may find your PT Locator is telling businesses something like, "Just give us a try for 30-days and if you don't like it we'll take the machine out" or something like that.

Then you wind up with no money and no location at the end of 30-days if/when the business asks you to pull the machine.

I would pay by the location and offer a bonus if he closed a certain number or if he got you a gravy location or corporate chain.  The chances of him spinning a bad deal are slim since the owner will usually want to meet and talk with you, the actual vendor.  So if any shady promises were made, you would most likely be aware of them.  Also, I kept saying "he"!  Maybe a drop-dead gorgeous blond could open a few doors as well - something else to think about.

Jax

• 1 month later...