Kickstart sticker/toy locations

The Mage

I noticed KS is now doing stickers and toy machines.  They are doing commission on the toy machines, but charity on the stickers.  I would have thought stickers would be more conductive to commission then charity.  

Actually we're moving away from commission.  We have tried it but we've just had better luck with charity on both the sticker and the toy machines.  On the next revision of our site we're going to go back to charity. 

In the future we may offer a choice in this matter on all machines.  I don't think our commission script is near as good as our charity script.  We obviously need to work on it.

Regards,

Rob

Well you do have at least a 2 year head start on the charity script.  If I can get charity locations for stickers, I will take 'em.  If I do get the sticker machines I am looking at that is.

Well you do have at least a 2 year head start on the charity script.  If I can get charity locations for stickers, I will take 'em.  If I do get the sticker machines I am looking at that is.

There were some 6 way sticker machines I saw and wanted to buy (but am completely tapped out financially), but if I could've located them on stickers at Rob's price, it would've been an incredible steal.

I think charity is a much easier sell, especially for small things. I think I might be able to place a 5way rack on charity, but I tend to go in as the route guy more than the business owner. People think I'm barely old enough to be in college, and they don't trust me to run a business. When co-workers here I run a business and learn about it, I am ALWAYS asked about age. With charity, that's not a concern. I was really hoping Rob's toy machine locations would turn into rack locations.

Not with the commission script. I wonder if they added those toy locations because I kept ordering singles and doubles filled with toys and telling him I wanted him them placed in kid friendly locations. It has worked very well for me. The toy locations he has delivered have all done over the national average, some have done much better. Honestly, it is a large part of my business, and as long as he provides me good locations quickly, I will continue to focus on buying machines that are compatible with the locations he sells. I had him doing a batch of toy triples (1800s) this week. He brought me several locations that look very good. One place I eat frequently in a food court, I don't know where they will put the machine, but it sounds incredible. If they only have counter top space, I'll switch it to a single counter top machine--I have a few in the garage from a rack I recently pulled-- and then order another triple location. If I can have the triple there, that is even better. The volume this business does is phenomenal. So on the basis of locating charity toy machines, I have had him do about 10-12 of them, and am very pleased with the results. He placed a double for me (on a replacement for poor performance) and got me a location I thought would be great. I put in toys instead of candy, because I saw a kid demographic there that needed attention. In the first month + 7 days, it did 36.77 on a double head. I've had mixed results with spirals (one doing 30-35$/month, one doing about 3$) but I do not blame that on Rob. I saw the location and thought it would be incredible. I actually tested my coin mechs to make sure they were not broken. He got me another pizza location (already installed next to commission machines) that I think may be in the 20-40$ range for a double head. It can be hit or miss, but when he hits I do very well. When he misses, he politely replaces the location under the guarantee. If you've got a toy machine, give him a try.

Thanks for the info I don't have a toy machine yet but I do have 3 more shootin hoops and 1 1800 that need places so as the money clears in my back I am ordering those plus some hopefully. So whom on here got the great deal on 3 shooin hoops for $50.00 each out of Houston Texas? I found the add like maybe a day after posting and they were gone :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have drove that far for deals almost exactly like that  and took wife with me.

I drove that far once trying to find a lady of the night.

I have drove that far to look for a lady of the night AND took my wife with me :o