Coach? Mentor?

kleanride

Hello Gang!

Ok, I am as new as new gets to Vending - but I do have an extensive business background; my past 10 years of been spent in the fabric walls of a APP (Anti-production Pod; some call it a Cube), and I really want to get a nice, profitable route going.  So far I have the one boxer machine- the location remains to be seen, but should have something soon.

Knowing NOTHING about this business (but learning a LOT from the great members of this forum!), I would love to have someone be my coach and mentor- nothing fancy, but just email and perhaps some phone support.  I would love to chip you some $, but I am running lean and mean for now, so perhaps we could discuss that in a year or something!

Thoughts?  Interested?  PM me anytime!

Dale

Hello Gang!

Ok, I am as new as new gets to Vending - but I do have an extensive business background; my past 10 years of been spent in the fabric walls of a APP (Anti-production Pod; some call it a Cube), and I really want to get a nice, profitable route going.

What the HECK is that?! :huh:

Hey Dale,

Welcome to the forum!  Tell us a little bit about the direction you want to go in.  There is so many ways.  Bulk.  Amusements. Full Line.  A little of all 3.  My theory is - if it can make money while I'm not there it is GOOD.  As far as a mentor, throw up any question and you will probably get an answer.  I am sure anyone here will take direct questions via PM too.  If you feel compelled to pay for the answer click "make a donation" to the left.  You can get a bumper sticker too. 

Feel free to drop me a PM and I will give you my phone number.

I maybe looking for a few good people to sell ATMs  ;D

I'm guessing "cubicle"  :huh: as in office cubicle.  The ones with the fuzzy blue 6' walls/sides and all.  I work in a tiny cubicle at my job too, but it's mostly at 35,000 ft. and fortunately has some windows.

Welcome aboard Kleanride.  Enjoy the plethora of knowledge here, hopefully you'll have a smooth ride.

Thanks for the replies and PM's, you guys are alright in my book!  As for what I want, or at least THINK I want, I love the boxer machines (if you aren't familiar - http://www.KnockOutVending.com) for a host of reasons, but really the 'no refill or inventory' is one of the big reasons... but the more I learn on here, I am certainly open to look at bulk candy machines, etc.  I am trying to get a Fast-Teks franchise up and running too (http://www.Fast-Teks.com), its an IT consulting, etc firm (I have played in the technology space for the past 10 years and have done a GREAT job at making others rich, but certainly not me!  ha!), and the whole idea with vending is to have 2 legs to stand on.  I never want to go thru another recession like this without having AT LEAST 2 things working for me. 

I have talked to JPVendCo. on here about buying an existing route and/or used machines in the area, and that makes a lot of sense to me.  Thoughts on that?

I am open to any and all feedback!

THANKS!

drd

• 3 weeks later...

To my fellow Vendor Mr. Kleanride,

I like the way you think in advance and leave all doors open for any and all ideas that lead to profit. It seems like you have good head on your shoulders and have a general plan. That is more than most people who just shot blindfolded. Now you just need to be more precise in your goals and try to be as effective and profitable as possible. The boxing machines are great fun as they out on a good workout but seem hard to locate if you have too many in stock. The only places I see them are in large arcades and they run scarce these days. Plus, the machines seem to be  expensive. I would try to buy used if not even broken and have it fix. Don't get me wrong, like I said I love these machines but you may want to start small and work your way up. Arcades and other amusement machines get pretty stale fast as games run in trends. If you can locate these machines before buying them and you buy them at least half of suggested retail then you definitely would be in good shape. Also, you want to consider air hockey tables, multi-game Arcades, basketball machines, pinball machines and pool tables as all of these do not have inventory and fit right in with boxing machines. If you get enough equipment you might want to lease your own space and start an arcade or you can buy broken machines and fix them only to sell to fellow vendors. Whatever the case may be, I wish nothing but the best of luck! Happy holidays. Take care.