Coin vs Bill - boxer machines...

kleanride

BluePlate turned me on to a used Boxer machine for sale right in my own backyard (at Tilt); I went and checked it out yesterday and for $900, it seems like a good buy.  HOWEVER, the KnockOut Machine I have takes $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills, and this one only takes quarters!!  Seems like the bar crowd would have change on hand, but I REALLY prefer when someone challenges their buddies to a punching contest and pops in a $20! 

Thoughts?  Worth buying this machine?  I can easily buy a coin counter, but what do you think??  :---------)

• 2 weeks later...

I would assume there is a harness to put a validator in.  You can pick up a new pyramid validator for $200.

I just put a new one in a crane.  Becareful, there are tons of different types of validators, you need to make sure you have the right one.  The right voltage and one that takes new bills.  You could either call the manufacturer or look at the model that is in you other boxer machine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I prefer having both a coin mech & DBA on my boxers.  I don't reccommend trying to attach a bill changer to a boxer.  These machines take a beating in bars.  Bill changers are not built to take this type of abuse.  If I had to choose one I would take the DBA.