Central Locators

Faith Vending

Rob;

With all due respect my experience with you was "business as usual" not listening to what I wanted, locations that had no chance of success and definitely no staying power and the mindset of throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. Your communication skills were excellent and the refund was quick and fair. You are a nice guy and I wish you the best. I would really like you to reply how you are "changing the way things are done." Sorry to air this in the "public square" of this forum but I want to make this a better business and locators need to know positive and negative feedback. I can "hear" the grumblings  now. ;D

Rob;

With all due respect my experience with you was "business as usual" not listening to what I wanted, locations that had no chance of success and definitely no staying power and the mindset of throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. Your communication skills were excellent and the refund was quick and fair. You are a nice guy and I wish you the best. I would really like you to reply how you are "changing the way things are done." Sorry to air this in the "public square" of this forum but I want to make this a better business and locators need to know positive and negative feedback. I can "hear" the grumblings  now. ;D

I'm not trying to answer for Rob or sticking up for KSL, I just want to clarify something IN GENERAL.

If the issues you bring up as things you didn't like about KSL ("locations that had no chance of success and definitely no staying power and the mindset of throw it against the wall and see if it sticks") all have to do with getting you locations, I think locators getting your locations by phone (like KSL) will never work for you.

The obvious disadvantage to using someone like KSL is that they can not "see" the location or neghborhood before sending you out there. It is impossible for them to know that a place has "no chance for success" or "no staying power" if they're doing their locating by phone. Therefore, their only strategy can be "throw it against the wall and see what sticks". This is why KSL customers have the Right of Refusal which allows you to decline locationsright up front with no penalty.

Consider that even someone who does their own locating IN PERSON can not be overly sure that a place has a "chance of success" or "staying power". The best we can do when locating in person for ourselves is to go with our "gut". But, I'm sure the place that looks like a great location can turn out to be a dud. And the place that seems the most open to having our machine installed may kick us out 2 months later.

I have had great success with another locator because they met my needs as clearly laid out by ME. All I ask of a locator is to listen to your customers needs and wants and then try to meet them. If it cannot be done fine we can part ways and no hard feelings. That is the case with KSL and me; no hard feelings. Just don't advertise you get certain locations and you are doing business by changing the way things are done when clearly this was not the case with me. I am sure others have great success with KSL and that is great. I would just like locators (those that are left) to understand the view from the other side.

Here is the reply I received from Central

Jim,

Yes we are still locating, my staff has been out sick with the flu and we haven't been able to get much done since the new year. In my 5 years of locating this year has been the worse to try to get locations for some reason. We are all back in the office now and starting to pick up again. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks and have a great day,

Jacklyn Sampson

Central Locators

P.O. Box 6354

Springfield, MO 65801

(417) 832-8758

Are there any locators ,locating besides KSL?All I see on the forum recently is Rob ,KSL. We do need other quality locators.I know some will say, the best locator is yourself ,but to those that would say that ,name another active ,quality,locator!Hey im not that thrilled either but i may have no other choice but use KSL.

Here is the reply I received from Central

Jim,

Yes we are still locating, my staff has been out sick with the flu and we haven't been able to get much done since the new year. In my 5 years of locating this year has been the worse to try to get locations for some reason. We are all back in the office now and starting to pick up again. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks and have a great day,

Jacklyn Sampson

Central Locators

P.O. Box 6354

Springfield, MO 65801

(417) 832-8758

KOOL think ill give them a shot they were great a the original Midwest !

Hello all Central Locators customers,

As I'm sure you can see the office has not been doing very well since the new year. I wanted to touch base with everyone to let you know we are still in business and getting locations, however we are going to finish up the customers that have been with us and waiting patiently before accepting any new orders. I do apologize for not following up on vendiscuss with the status of the business but as you can see the office is up and running again and we hope for a very positive new year from here on out. Thank you to all our customers that have waited through our battle.  :)

Jacklyn Sampson

Central Locators

• 3 weeks later...

Most locators I have worked with operate out of their house to keep the costs downs.  Perhaps the overhead of having an office was a problem for Central.  I know Midwest now runs their business out of their house.  That nastly overhead can be a real killer.  I hope they can find a way to come back.  There are never enough locators and they were really nice people (those midwesterners are just so friendly).

Jax

Jax,

Thanks.  I've used Central since the split, but one location is a dud, and I emailed them about a replacement months ago; they never got back to me regarding this issue. 

I hope the new Midwest will help me with a few locs.  I've tried locating myself(which I believe is the best way to go) but I do not have the talent for it.

N2this

Oh D**m,

It wasn't Central it was the new Midwest that hasn't gotten back to me about replacing a dud loc they got me a few months ago.  I've never used Central since they split from Midwest.  I do not want to give out incorrect info.  I was looking for the contact info to Central not Midwest.  My brain is still frozen from all the snow we've been having lately here on the east side.

Oops

N2this

• 2 weeks later...

I am 3 weeks new to this business, so my opinion probably does not hold much water here.  BUT, I think when a locator is used, we have to be prepared for the worst location, but hope for the best.  How can someone sitting on the phone in MO determine if JZ Auto Repair in Tin Buk Two is going to be a viable location or not??  That seems nearly impossible for the locator to determine.  I am assuming the locator makes a gizzilion phone calls and takes what mud sticks to the wall.  It is up to you decide if you want the location or not (at least you have that opportunity with KSL).

I went with KSL for the exact reason of being able to reject locations.  Rob got 5 locations for me.  Three of them were rejected because they were run-down-rat-house auto dealerships that should be bulldozed over.  I had a guard dog nearly chew my leg off at one location.  Do I fault Rob for those poor location?  No, I thanked him for the effort and his team kept plugging away.  Today I got 3 new locations from him that look good.  Tomorrow I will order 5 more locations from Rob.

Rob also got me into a restaurant that I cold called in person.  They rejected me in person.  He got the location over the phone!  Go figure!