Central Locators

Faith Vending

Wow!  Rob must really like you since he usually takes a week or more for replacements and he usually does not e-mail them out until Saturday.  Good for you.

Jax

Rob/KSL often send out locations before Saturday.

I think the Saturday email process was the old way KSL did things.

BUT, you are right about KSL treating jwhite nicely.

I have an order with them and haven't heard from KSL in weeks.

Nice to hear you got that restaurant after getting a "No" jwhite.

Did anyone recognize you when you showed up with the machine(s)?

Wow!  Rob must really like you since he usually takes a week or more for replacements and he usually does not e-mail them out until Saturday.  Good for you.

Jax

The new system updates in real time, though those quick response times are excellent compared to what some of the members (myself included) are currently experiencing.

BUT, you are right about KSL treating jwhite nicely.

I have an order with them and haven't heard from KSL in weeks.

Nice to hear you got that restaurant after getting a "No" jwhite.

Did anyone recognize you when you showed up with the machine(s)?

Perhaps the vending opportunities are more wide open over in Idaho, so getting a "yes" is not as difficult - yet.  Sounds like lots of plentiful fruit to pick.  Better get it before it's gone!

Jax

Hey JWhite, I bet Rob was happy to send you replacement locations because you understand the business and the effort that went into finding all of those locations.  It is up to the vendor to visit the business, check it out and decide if it works for them.  Just from reading your comments about Rob makes me want to say, thank you, thank you.  I can tell you will be in this business a long long time. 

So my point is this:  when you first start working with any locating company you have one opportunity to make a  first impression.  First, be willing to work with them. Second, when they send you leads let them know you appreciate it. Third, if they are duds report it back to them in a gracious manner, tell them what was wrong with the spot and tell them what was right with the spot.  Such as right area but poor business site or I would love to do it but they already have 3 machines, etc.  Fourth and most importantly try to avoid saying things like "I only want good accounts that make lots of money."

Just today I had two phone calls from two new full line vendors (drinks and snacks) wanting me to get them some "good companies" with 150 or more employees.  You all know I am right on the phone looking for those spots.

Take Care JWhite.....I look forward to hearing more from you on your success.

Blue Moose

Jaks:  As already mentioned, everything is updated in real time.  In fact, I don't get any emails from Rob on my locations.  They are all updated on the locator login page.  It is really slick.

Sherlock: I haven't dropped the machine off at the restaurant yet.  It will be placed on Saturday.  I am going to have my wife deliver it.  I don't want to risk getting rejected.

Yesterday evening I rejected another auto dealership from KSL.  I went to check out the location.  The office was the size of an outhouse and 10 cars in the lot for sale.  When I rejected the location, I told KSL to stay away from the auto dealerships.  I don't want KSL wasting their time securing locations that I reject.  The good dealerships are flooded with machines and the crappy dealerships are not worth a dollar.

Anyways, I rejected the 4th location last night.  Today around noon, I checked the locator login page and they secured another restaurant in replace of the rejected auto dealership!!  I am doing some leg work for KSL with my wish list.  That way, the calls they make won't be potential rejections on my part.

Moose:  Thanks for the reply.  Good information on the relationship/communication between the vendor and the locator.  I certainly don't expect $50/mo locations from KSL.  My only expectation of KSL is a positive experience and so far, it has been a very positive experience. 

I told KSL up front that I have 50 machines and if I have positive experience they will continue to get my business until I am out of machines (I am also out placing machines). 

It could be true that Idaho has a lot of fresh fruit to pick, thus locating is easier compared to other areas.  I hope that is the case, because I would like 150-200 machines within 2-3 years.

Gotta go.  I told KSL I would order 5 more locations and haven't done it.

John

Jaks:  As already mentioned, everything is updated in real time.  In fact, I don't get any emails from Rob on my locations.  They are all updated on the locator login page.  It is really slick.

Sherlock: I haven't dropped the machine off at the restaurant yet.  It will be placed on Saturday.   I am going to have my wife deliver it.  I don't want to risk getting rejected.

Yesterday evening I rejected another auto dealership from KSL.  I went to check out the location.  The office was the size of an outhouse and 10 cars in the lot for sale.  When I rejected the location, I told KSL to stay away from the auto dealerships.  I don't want KSL wasting their time securing locations that I reject.  The good dealerships are flooded with machines and the crappy dealerships are not worth a dollar.

Anyways, I rejected the 4th location last night.  Today around noon, I checked the locator login page and they secured another restaurant in replace of the rejected auto dealership!!  I am doing some leg work for KSL with my wish list.  That way, the calls they make won't be potential rejections on my part.

Where is the locator log in page?  I don't see anywhere to log in except for the free report.

Mainor,

Do you have an order with KSL?  If so, they should send you link to the login page with a username and password.  This will allow you to see their progress on your order(s).  

J is correct.

The user-name and password are provided by KSL.

The link to the log-in page is: http://www.kickstartlocations.com/login/

Mainor, if you are a tenured customer of KSL you may have had your customer data entered into the system before they had the customer log-in site. For members who were customers before the service site was available I think Rob/KSL are working to eventually get you access.

Even though I have access to the customer log-in section, I still get emails whenever KSL has a location for me. I think jwhite not getting emails means there's either a system problem with the KSL site OR maybe the locations haven't been "confirmed".

I use the word "confirmed" because I believe KSL has some form of confirmation process to make sure a location found for you is appropriate for what you ordered. I once had a location email sent to me that was not for the kind of machine I ordered. Rob stated it was an email that shouldn't have gone out yet...meaning the location info hadn't been "confirmed".

So, what MY experience suggests is...

To Mainor: You shouldn't be missing any locations found for you if you don't have a user name and log-in. You are still supposed to get emails alerting you of found locations whether you have access to the customer site or not. So I think you're cool.

To jwhite: Make sure those locations in the log-in page that you have NOT received emails on are confirmed and appropriate for your order. Otherwise, you may get some unwanted surprises when you show up at the location.

I hope I'm not wrong. The suggestion above are just a combination of my personal experience with Rob and what I've gathered by reading through this forum.

Anyone else know something I'm not mentioning?

Sherloc,

Interesting feedback.  On my login page, it has a list of the locations KSL has found for me.  My locations all say "verified" next to them.  I was assuming this meant, the machine has been confirmed, BUT, I have only received 1 email from KSL out of the 8-9 locations they have found for me.  I have only placed 1 machine thus far.  It was was a location that I did not get a confirmation email on, and they were expecting the machine when I walked in the door.  Today or tomorrow I am going to place the other machines (if I can get away from work).  I have not received an email on those either, but I am going to to place them anyways.

I like the email I received, because it had the name of the person who authorized the machine.  The login page only provides the business name and address, nothing else.  You have to go in and place the machine blind.

Maybe Rob will see this conversation and set us all straight.

Mainor,

Do you have an order with KSL?  If so, they should send you link to the login page with a username and password.  This will allow you to see their progress on your order(s). 

Do they normally send this as soon as you order or do they send it when they start working on your order.

Do they normally send this as soon as you order or do they send it when they start working on your order.

I got the email with the log-in data the very same day that I placed my first order...

Not when I got my first location email.

If your first order was Oct/Nov 2009 or earlier -- you may not have a log-in yet.

I placed my 1st order on 12/2/09 and I got my log-in.

But, I think the log-in site was still fairly new around that time...this is why I say vendors who became customers before Oct/Nov 2009 may not be part of their site yet.

I remember Rob posting that they were working on incorporating those established customers at some point, though.

If your 1st KSL order was after mine (12/2/09) go through your KSL emails and see if you don't have one dated the same date as your first order. The subject line on mine read: "Welcome to Kick Start Locations Online Management System"

I got the email with the log-in data the very same day that I placed my first order...

Not when I got my first location email.

If your first order was Oct/Nov 2009 or earlier -- you may not have a log-in yet.

I placed my 1st order on 12/2/09 and I got my log-in.

But, I think the log-in site was still fairly new around that time...this is why I say vendors who became customers before Oct/Nov 2009 may not be part of their site yet.

I remember Rob posting that they were working on incorporating those established customers at some point, though.

If your 1st KSL order was after mine (12/2/09) go through your KSL emails and see if you don't have one dated the same date as your first order. The subject line on mine read: "Welcome to Kick Start Locations Online Management System"

Got 6 emails the day I ordered (2/26/10) none having anything to do with Online Management System, oh well I'll check with Rob next week sometime so I can play with the features (wish list and what have you).

Got 6 emails the day I ordered (2/26/10) none having anything to do with Online Management System, oh well I'll check with Rob next week sometime so I can play with the features (wish list and what have you).

Yeah, I'd recommend it.

The ability to build your wish list is cool.

And, of course, you can ask for your replacements or key your declined locations without having to call/email anyone.

A hijacking as occured

Not a hijacking.

More of a justifiable take-over of the "Central Locators" thread.

If they don't respond to their customers, we should be talking about locators that do.

J/K all -- I'm not a Central Locator's customer so don't take my post seriously...

I'm just going off of what others have posted here.

I called Central a few weeks ago and someone actually answered the phone!!  But based on her voice tone, I think she picked the phone up by mistake and was suprised or thought I was someone else.  She told me they were having all kinds of weather (snow) problems and plumbing problems as well!  She told me Jacklynn was coming in later and would call back - but she never did.

Jax