Starting my monthly locaction purchase

sbishop

sbishop,  I suggest you go with the restaraunt only package, its worth the extra $10.00 trust me. I hope he finds you nuttin but gravy.

I just bought the vendstar platinum for this one. The next one I'll add the restraunt only to test it out.

I just bought the vendstar platinum for this one. The next one I'll add the restraunt only to test it out.

Vendstar and restaurant don't mix too well because the best products to sell at restaurants don't go through a vendstar--never mind it's easy to break lid, easy to break mechs, and easy to carry off weight.

Please let us know how long it takes. I used to get my locations from KS in a very timely manner, but I have a considerable order with them that I've  been waiting on for quite a while now. I built a long wish list without having the locations call. I do have one they got me a couple weeks ago that I didn't get to install because of the manager's strange schedule. I've been less than optimistic about it because the last time they listed it the manager said he knew nothing about it--and though I didn't call him a liar I did doubt his honesty.

Vendstar and restaurant don't mix too well because the best products to sell at restaurants don't go through a vendstar--never mind it's easy to break lid, easy to break mechs, and easy to carry off weight.

Please let us know how long it takes. I used to get my locations from KS in a very timely manner, but I have a considerable order with them that I've  been waiting on for quite a while now. I built a long wish list without having the locations call. I do have one they got me a couple weeks ago that I didn't get to install because of the manager's strange schedule. I've been less than optimistic about it because the last time they listed it the manager said he knew nothing about it--and though I didn't call him a liar I did doubt his honesty.

Frankly, I think KSL is overwhelmed with orders right now.

There's been at least one other member here waiting a while for his location.

I personally also have a sizable order with KSL and locations have gotten very slow in coming from them.

I don't consider my self a good locator (far from it) and yet I've found 3x as many locations for myself in the past two weeks than KSL has found for me.

I'm glad I'm only using KSL to supplement my locating efforts and not relying on them to do ALL my locating.

They seem pretty busy right now.

It has now been a week since I submitted my order. I have not received any communication from KSL since the initial order confirmation.

I believe that lack of communication is one of the most prevalent problems small and sometimes large businesses. I weekly update email, even if it is a generic one saying "we are still trying to find you the perfect location, please be patient." would let us know that we have not been forgotten.

Sorry in advance for offending anyone, but this is exactly why I could not be a locator.  Don't have the patients to hold peoples hand while the locating process is going on.  And if you are not happy with a locator then find another one, oh wait there hardly are any goods ones.  Maybe that's for a reason.  And Rob if you read this, know I don't need any emails for an update, just do your thing and get back to me when ever. ;)  Looking back At KickStarts reviews I think we need to realize what a valuable resource we have at are disposal and cut them some slack.  Just my .02 though. 

My latest order with KS took 2 weeks to fill which is acceptable to me. Rob actually got me a replacement the next day when I could not place at the appointed time. My error,  I messed this up learning his new web site.  But since he had an extra location for me I went ahead and paid for it. All placements went off without a hitch. : ;D

Sorry in advance for offending anyone, but this is exactly why I could not be a locator.  Don't have the patients to hold peoples hand while the locating process is going on.  And if you are not happy with a locator then find another one, oh wait there hardly are any goods ones.  Maybe that's for a reason.  And Rob if you read this, know I don't need any emails for an update, just do your thing and get back to me when ever. ;)  Looking back At KickStarts reviews I think we need to realize what a valuable resource we have at are disposal and cut them some slack.  Just my .02 though. 

I am not just talking about locators. In businesses in general, communication and customer service seem to be the first thing that gets overlooked. I won many new customers by just returning their calls and updating them regularly. I also lost some when I slacked off in that area.

Rob, I know how hard it is to build a business and be the ONE who has to make all the policies. I have always said that I would rather struggle because I have too much work, than too little!

Sorry in advance for offending anyone, but this is exactly why I could not be a locator.  Don't have the patients to hold peoples hand while the locating process is going on.  And if you are not happy with a locator then find another one, oh wait there hardly are any goods ones.  Maybe that's for a reason.  And Rob if you read this, know I don't need any emails for an update, just do your thing and get back to me when ever. ;)  Looking back At KickStarts reviews I think we need to realize what a valuable resource we have at are disposal and cut them some slack.  Just my .02 though.  

I also hope no one is offended by your comments.

They're your thoughts on how a vendor's relationship with a locator should go...nothing more.

We all handle our locator-situations in a manner that directly reflects our business goals and/or business philosophies.

One vendor may have a goal to get 50 new locations this year while a 2nd vendor may have a goal of adding 200 locations in the same time period. If each vendor expects their locator to find half of their 2010 locations, the 2nd vendor will expect more from his locator than the first. The first locator can afford to be a little more patient with the locator since they require less from them.

As for me specifically, if I have noted any concerns regarding a locator it is only because now and again the locator may have been falling short of the expectations and assurance I was personally given by the locator himself.

We don't know what promises locators make to individual vendors.

What, to me, may seem like impatience by another vendor may in fact be well warranted because of promises/expectations and goals being shared between the vendor and locator. It's all relative.