HI everyone....And yes I am NEW to VENDING...NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE

newtovending

First I would like to say THANK YOU to the person that CREATED this SITE....IT IS GREAT!!!!!!  ;D I know nothing about vending but I am ready to learn and make some money. I have not purchased any machines yet I am first trying to get a solid understanding and learn from all of you first. I would like to start of small and grow from their. Here are my questions................

:huh:

What kind of machines are good to start with?

Where can I buy them and the price?

What is the best Locator to use for the Milwaukee, WI area?

Newtovending, i would suggest doing your research first just so you don't get caught by a common vending error and believe me there are PLENTY.  Just stick around on the forum for a while, read former posts and ask specific questions when they aren't answered on here.  There is so much info on this site that there is very little that cannot be answered from former posts.

jmac is right . I am fairly new myself . My first machines were 10 new triple heads . the ten that I just got are used oak doubles that I'm refurbishing and let me tell you that the used oaks are way better and much cheeper.  Check out what the member Hillbilly did with his used oaks.

I know alot of you guys like the triples but I personally think using single machines and making doubles or triples is the way to go. I stick to gumballs and chicklets when vending candy, the margins cannot be beat. Im not saying pmm's etc...arent the way to go but if your new it's cheaper to keep it simple at first. just sayin

welcome,and good luck.yes i agree this forum is awsome.i started about 2 months ago,and thru the forum have grown to over 50 machines all located. i use all 1800s and venstars,which came with a route i bought.i started with locators and was very disapointed,although you will learn a lesson from them.start with 1-5 machines learn where locators place you.take your time. i never bought a new machine.all purchases are used and were bought close to my base. this way i saved on shipping and saw what i was buying. most sellers are very informative.its o.k. to tell them you are a newbe,and ask away.make every purshase a good learning experience. stay on the forum,and ask away.i am new also and thre are others in the forum that have more knowledge than me. weigh all the info.best of luck to you  ron

newtovending, Welcome! 

I think the best machine out there when your new is the one you can get at a good price.  I have always tended to stay away from Vendstars, but they have worked well for many people.  Like it was mentioned, keep an eye on local eBay sales, Craigslist, and the like.

Anther way is to spend an afternoon in the car with a note pad and check out the competition.  If you find some abandon machine, try calling them and asking if they want to sell.  That is a pretty easy call to make.  You might get a machine and a location, but becareful you are not buying someone else's nightmare. 

Lastly, I would try doing some of you own locating, the hardest thing is getting past no or the "get out of here".  I always thought the best thing to locating is offering something everyone else is not.  If they have a few single heads, offer to clean it up with one nice rack.  If they have 2 gumball machines, offer a bouncy ball machine.  For example.  I bought 7 bounce a roos a while back ($100 each).  These were so easy to place, no one was doing them around here.

Good luck.