Full line product supplier - $10 delivery charge!

caserri

www.vendcentral.net

I found this supplier while doing my daily vending search on google.

They cover Maryland, DC, and northern Virginia. According to their website, they will deliver for only $10.00 with only a $500 minimum!

Anyone here use them?

If you contact to inquire, please let them know you found them on VENDiscuss.

Do you REALLY do a daily vending search on Google? If so, then we all need to chip in and get you some more locations.... LOL   :rolleyes:

Absolutley! I have subscriptions to several keyword based news feeds that are automatically emailed to me daily, plus I do manual searches on Google for anything vending related. I try to share some of the more obscure items here when they come up.

As for locations, many of you already know that I am "retired" from actual vending but it is still in my blood. I need to be "in the know" so I can properly administer this forum, right?

Why is everyone staring? Am I weird?  :-[

As for locations, many of you already know that I am "retired" from actual vending but it is still in my blood. I need to be "in the know" so I can properly administer this forum, right?

Please explain what you mean when you say you are "retired" from actual vending...  :huh:

It means that "virtual" vending is all I do now.

Be that the case I'm definitely curious as to why you quit.

Here I am, a beginner planning to start vending soon, and there you are, a very knowledgeable source on all aspects of the business who decided it wasn't the business to stay in... ?

Please don't let my departure from running a route dissuade you from starting your own. The reasons why I slowly downsized have been documented here on the forum and have nothing to do with not being profitable or successful by any measure. It was more due to lack of motivation and energy to keep up with what I had.

Like I said, it is still in my blood. It always will be. I can quickly ramp up another route in short order if I get the urge.

Please don't let my departure from running a route dissuade you from starting your own. The reasons why I slowly downsized have been documented here on the forum and have nothing to do with not being profitable or successful by any measure. It was more due to lack of motivation and energy to keep up with what I had.

So --- If I understand correctly, you're no longer actively vending, i.e. you no longer own or run a vending route... but you administer a forum whose main purpose (as I understand it) is to provide the necessary information and help for others to start & run their own vending routes...

Well, I find your departure from the actual vending business quite disconcerting...

Perhaps if you would provide links to the threads you mentioned that documented your departure from actual vending I could read them and not only better understand why you dropped out of the business, but also make sure your reasons wouldn't eventually become my own...

So --- If I understand correctly, you're no longer actively vending, i.e. you no longer own or run a vending route... but you administer a forum whose main purpose (as I understand it) is to provide the necessary information and help for others to start & run their own vending routes...

Well, I find your departure from the actual vending business quite disconcerting...

Fog,

Why is that disconcerting? Does me not currently running a route have anything to do with administering this forum or did you point that out because you feel my input here should include an *asterisk since I'm no longer running a route?

After 11 years of vending, I just got tired of running around. I have a handful of bulk machines and 1 combo machine that I still service but nothing like I used to have.

Perhaps if you would provide links to the threads you mentioned that documented your departure from actual vending I could read them and not only better understand why you dropped out of the business, but also make sure your reasons wouldn't eventually become my own...

Here is a thread from 2007. It was about the time I started my slowdown. I know It doesn't give many reasons why, but it's the best example I can give for now. Every other time I mentioned me leaving he biz was in existing threads so they are a bit harder to locate.

http://vendiscuss.com/forum/index.php?topic=305.0

Steve --

No... you not running a route has nothing to do with how well you run this forum.  I think you do a great job on here and I don't believe your comments require any asterisks at all...  My concern is for myself.  I want to know why a successful vendor would decide to drop out of the business, so I can figure out if I might possibly end up doing the same for the same reasons...  If I learn why you quit, I might be able to better determine in advance things that may affect my plans...  make sense?

Fog,

I asked Steve a similiar question almost 2 years ago.  I think at the time he posted a thread that he was loosing his MOJO when it came to vending.  I did not understand it at the time, 2 years later it has become very clear to me.  While I have not left vending, I have taken on a model that if the location can't produce $100 ( or close to) a visit, it is just not worth it. 

This may sound "stuck up".  But, this is a part ime gig for me (and was for Steve) and I had almost 100 locations at one time.  It just takes alot of time.  It hit me one Sat afternoon.  I stopped by the RED BOX to put a DVD in my van DVD player for my son.  Half way through the vending route he said (he's 6) "Dad, why do I always have to go to work with you?"  - "This is no fun"

It gets on you after awhile.

I started in 1995. By 2005 for many different reasons (main reason was a partner) I was suffering from terminal burnout and sold about 90% of business to said former partner. Took a couple of years to recharge and in 2008 made the decision to give it another go. Doing things a lot differently this time around, having TONS more FUN and satisfaction. 2009 almost tripled 2008 revenue and 2010 will almost double 2009 and I'm enjoying myself more than I ever have.

So I can certainly understand your position Steve, however  I must warn you that a vending addiction can never be cured .....  you must remain ever vigilant or else it will suck you back in faster than a disabled starship into a black hole. :rolleyes:

I must warn you that a vending addiction can never be cured .....  you must remain ever vigilant or else it will suck you back in faster than a disabled starship into a black hole. :Smiley

While this was meant as a joke (I think), it is totally true ha ha.  Heck even with this forum I am on here several times a day just to see if any of my posts have responce, anything new is up etc. lol.  On a related note I DO have a life, I just find myself checking for like 30 seconds like 3 times a day.  :D

Vending certainly has its ups and downs.  Finding your spot in the business is important.  Steve plays a vital role in helping new vendors avoid some pretty deep money pits and helping existing vendors share and maintain a good data base.

I loved my company and the day to day operation but oddly I don't miss it. 

Blue Moose