liability concerns for certain toys?

Has anyone ever had any issues with certain toy products creating a liability? For example, those plastic guns that shoot rubber bands... I used to love them when I was a kid, so I was thinking about carrying them as a product, but is this begging for trouble? What happens when some kid shoots another kid in the face with one of those things?

This leads me to a question; I got booted yesterday from a nice little diner. The owners wife sez the kids open the caps and throw them on the floor; she is afraid customers will step on the cap, slip and crack their head open. She gets sued and did not want to risk it. Would they sue me as well? First time I came across this problem.

This leads me to a question; I got booted yesterday from a nice little diner. The owners wife sez the kids open the caps and throw them on the floor; she is afraid customers will step on the cap, slip and crack their head open. She gets sued and did not want to risk it. Would they sue me as well? First time I came across this problem.

As Kelly said -- EVERYONE involved is going to get sued in that circumstance.

Suggestion to try saving that nice little diner:

Would the owner let you put a small waste basket next to your machines?

This would not cost you much and wouldn't cost the owner anything....except the time needed to dump the trash can when it gets full.

Hopefully, that would help those young customers throw the caps in the trash instead of the floor.

The caps on the floor may be because there is nowhere else to put them.

If you're turning a good profit at that diner - providing an inexpensive wastebasket may be worth it.

Yeah, I'm sure. What a bummer. :angry: I thought about taping a small grocery bag to the machine and have them put the caps in there but she says they take them back to the table open them and then toss them on the floor. Where are the parents? If my kids did that they would have had the cap taped to their ear for the rest of the night. But then I would be in jail in today's messed up society. But I digress.

Yeah, I'm sure. What a bummer. :angry: I thought about taping a small grocery bag to the machine and have them put the caps in there but she says they take them back to the table open them and then toss them on the floor. Where are the parents? If my kids did that they would have had the cap taped to their ear for the rest of the night. But then I would be in jail in today's messed up society. But I digress.

Something sounds fishy there, buddy.

If mom/dad allow them to throw caps on the floor during meals, I'll bet there's food coming off the table and onto the floor, too.

Which means the floor around the table needs to be cleaned when the table is cleaned.

Those caps should be getting swept up with the food every time those tables are bussed.

I wonder if the lady at the diner is being honest.

If she IS being honest -- she needs to hire better employees to bus those tables.

Either way -- sorry about your having lost that diner.

Losing any profitable location sux.

could you go back in with gum?

I'm sure half the reason I got the boot was because she just did not want a machine in there, few seem to be able to just say no.

She said I could put candy in so I might try gum. There is already a Vendstar in there with Nerds, skittles and mmp so I might try a single with Watermelon GB's and go from there.