Brochures and one other question

BenG

I am just starting my new route tomorrow and I am super excited. With that said I have eight machines that need to be placed in locations.

I was wondering if any one has had success creating and effectively using brochures. (Could you explain?)

Would it be a good idea to mail the brochures to potential clients or just drop it off when stopping by?

Last one, what type of establishments would be the best to  contact first?

Thanks 

BenG.

Never got anywhere with any marketing materials, people do not respond to marketing materials when handed in person or mailed. Stopping in and talking to the people that have the authority is not only cheaper but is way more effective, often marketing materials are given to someone that claims they will pass them along.. (typically they get passed to the garbage can)

there was another thread on here recently where a member of the forum tried mailing out postcards with a message on them, it was pretty cleverly worded and original but totally failed no responses as I recall.

Every once in awhile I spend a few hours driving around the areas I'm interested in and writing down names of companies that look like good prospects.  I then go home, create a flyer on the computer, look up those companies addresses on the internet and mail the flyer.  I've had a reasonable response rate, like 1 out of 30, and have converted several to accounts.  I also stop by and ask to speak with managers, leave my card, offer to drop off a proposal for vending, etc.  Unlike mxer I like to have a few marketing materials to hand over when I "ccld call", whether it's a postcard I used as a mailer previously, or a left over flyer, etc.  You have to be prepared for rejection... it's not personal.  When you get a new account by yourself tho' you feel like a million bucks!  BTW, my $0.02 is don't spend time on a brochure when a one page flyer works fine.

mxer, didn't you mention that you did have some success with postcard mailing in your area.  Was that worth the money? 

Blue Moose

Yes I have in the past sent some mass mailings with minimal results, the more experience I get in the vending business the more I realize that obtaining locations is more about contacting the right people and being able to address their needs and be able to convenience them that my program is far superior to what they are receiving. one you talk to a few thousand people and hear from the industries most most friendly and receptive it all balances out and the fact remains its all about contact and being able to get their attention and tell them what they need to hear to stay interested until you can close the deal.