Small snack machine

I bought a FSI 3120 (same as usi?) at an auction for $650.

It was exactly what I needed for a location

until they dumped me the next day for a commissioned

vendor...

It's a newer slender 18 selection snack machine in excellent condition.

Looks like it used for vending non-food items at a bar.  2 of the small lanes

can be combined to one for zingers or something bigger.

I don't currently have a need for it, but I'm not sure if

I paid too much for.  It was the right price for what I needed

but now I don't.

What is a good price to ask if I decide to sell it?

What should I do with it?

Thanks,

Michael

The less money you have to pay out, the better.  But for full line, before you get booted again offer a few bucks or something.  That way if someone else tries moving in on you like what just happened,  you will more than likely have a chance of keeping your spot by attempting to work out a deal.

Probably what happened was the new vendor either found out or just asked about how much the company made off the machines and then offered them a commission etc.

I know if I didn't know anything about vending and had my own company or whatever and some nice guy came along wanting to put in machines, I would say yes.  But if another one comes along and says, Hey, I will give you blah, blah, blah amount of money if I can put my machines here,  You bet your life, I am going to go with the money.

Even though I don't pay a commission on my location(owner said no), I do give the owner  $20 each month for using their electric.  Which the owner gladly accepted and said I could put another machine in if I wanted and the $20 would cover both machines.

As far as asking price for the machine,  try to get as much out of it as you paid for it so you don't lose anything except the trip to the auction and the energy loading and unloading it.

Ninn Jinn brings up an interesting point.  I placed a drink machine at a small location a few weeks ago.  Will their electric bill increase significantly?  I will not spend more than $300 for a drink or snack machine because you never know if you will be kicked out unless you have a contract.  If I get kicked out, I do not know where I will put my unattractive M-250 mechanical vending machine.  But who cares, I only paid $200.00.  You may say that is a lot of money, but, more than likely, I will have recouped my money before I am ditched.  I am not willing to place a larger machine without a contract.  Too much money, headache and labor involved to take this type of gamble. 

I placed a drink machine at a small location a few weeks ago.  Will their electric bill increase significantly?

Depending on the make and model of the machine, and the ambient air temp, it can use anywhere from ~6 to 12 KWhr/day.

Technivend

I see that you have been vending since 1978.  Have you written a book.  I have only been a member of this board for six months and you have given lots of advice worth paying for.  ;D

Technivend

I see that you have been vending since 1978.  Have you written a book.  I have only been a member of this board for six months and you have given lots of advice worth paying for.  ;D

Yes indeed! If you do have a book, I would buy one!

Depending on the make and model of the machine, and the ambient air temp, it can use anywhere from ~6 to 12 KWhr/day.

6KWhr x .08 = 48cents/day

.48x 30=  $14.40/month

Granted $14.40/month electric to run the machine is IF, you only use 6 KWhr per day and your electric company only charges you 8 cents per KWhr used.

If I can find a way to hide it, I would love to hook my machine up to a "Kill a watt" device just to see how much juice that baby really does use when it is about 95 degrees in the shade!

Technivend

Thanks for the kudos!!

A book, Hmmmmmm......LOL

6KWhr x .08 = 48cents/day

.48x 30=  $14.40/month

Granted $14.40/month electric to run the machine is IF, you only use 6 KWhr per day and your electric company only charges you 8 cents per KWhr used.

If I can find a way to hide it, I would love to hook my machine up to a "Kill a watt" device just to see how much juice that baby really does use when it is about 95 degrees in the shade!

And your 368 would be on the higher side of this

And your 368 would be on the higher side of this

Thats what I was thinking.  I was ball parking it at around 10 or 11 since its an older model.  And with it being outside, well.....  I'm just glad I don't have to pay the full bill.  :D

I am not sure if businesses pay the same rate as homeowners do or not, but I am paying 9.6 cents per KWhr.

I bought a FSI 3120 (same as usi?) at an auction for $650.

It was exactly what I needed for a location

until they dumped me the next day for a commissioned

vendor...

It's a newer slender 18 selection snack machine in excellent condition.

Looks like it used for vending non-food items at a bar.  2 of the small lanes

can be combined to one for zingers or something bigger.

I don't currently have a need for it, but I'm not sure if

I paid too much for.  It was the right price for what I needed

but now I don't.

What is a good price to ask if I decide to sell it?

What should I do with it?

Thanks,

Michael

Boazcat,

The 3120 is a GF12 which means the standard setup is 12 selections. Someone at one point change the stock configuration on this (Not really a bad thing). And yes the 3120 is for all purposes the same as an FSI or USI. Your is an older one with an F80 controller but they still do make this style of machine. The key is this, it is to small for the masses and as such is a tough sale on the used end. But if someone really needs it they are over $2000 new. I would throw it out there at $750-$800 and settle on the $650.00 you paid.

Sorry for such a late response but for some reason I never retained the original post.

FSI, USI, Perfect Break Systems are all the same. Kind of like GE and Whirlpool, made on the same floor but have slightly different options and cosmetic features.

I think that they do it that way in order to have multiple distributorships in the same market.

Wow! Thanks guys for the great responses.

Now 2 sorta different choices...

I'm working to take over a location at a library.  We were all set to place one of my Antares combos from the garage but ....  They may only want a bottle machine.  If so, I'll pick up a full size drink and slip in my little snack beside it.

If that doesn't work I'll throw it on CL and see if I can break even.

This forum is soooo helpful and folks really try to help other vendors. I came here fro

the lawn care industry and their forum just beat people down.

Thanks again!

Michael