NW Super 80 30" Capsule Machines

Hillbilly

I picked these puppies up today for a $50. Included were 2 extra mechs and front plates.  They were also about 1/2 full of capsules with a mix in them.

They need some TLC. I'll post the after pics when I'm finished.

I here ya.  Seems like I always have some.  Just finished up 6 Oak Vista's.  All red.  Got an Oak Vista blue that I finished this morning.  Be done with the other NW60 soon. Then these and 2 more Oaks.

I got started on the first one today. It went pretty good overall. I am going to post some pics to help everyone along.

There was a light layer of rust all over the lower side panels.  I think you can see it it these first couple of pics.

I let them dry good and then used the Scotchbrite pads to smooth out any scratches that were left.  Then I primed again,let it dry, and started spraying the color.  I applied 3 to 4 coats letting them dry about 20-30 minutes in between the coats.

I had already painted the base before I started taking pictures.  The top bracket was easy.  I used a high speed air grinder with a 2" Roloc disc to remove all the oxidation that was on the outside of the piece.  I then used the Scotchbrite pad agin to smooth everything out.  Then primed and painted just like the panels.

If you look close. you can see that it is broke.  I'll take it with me to work tomorrow and braze the backside of it. Should be good as new.

Here is the base on the Triple Mini Toy Rack I built the other day.  The machines will all be yellow and the rack Apple red.

I'll take more pics as I assemble the machine back together.

Hope this helps somebody.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the first Super 80 Capsule Machine. Complete with .75 upgrade. Just need to slap the new price sticker on it and fill up with toys.

Sorry about the color choice Kelly. :D

I'll throw a 1" Oak machine on each side with .50 mechs.

Been thinking about getting some flexible plastic signs made and stapling them to each post.  Something like "TOYS".

there will be no mistaking your machines! they look good hillbilly. since you take the time to paint and assemble them do you put your name and number in out of site places on your machines? I ask because if there ever stolen you can identify them. my dad has written his name and # in about 30 places on each of his machines,(exageration) I kid him about it but one day it will pay off.

No I don't, but maybe it's a good idea.

I wonder how many people do that. Out of all the machines I've bought, none have had any names or numbers on them except for an occasional sticker on the outside of the machine.

Did your dad just write it or engrave it?

Hillbilly,

Here's a sign I made and it's on each rack in the middle of the bottom. Try to make your sign attractive so it will draw the kids to the rack.I've included my phone number in case their is a service problem and it also has helped me get 2 other locations.

post-822-129433938315_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...