Who is the best and cheapest locator out there

vvs1man

I know cheap and best really don't go hand in hand but I need a couple machines placed and haven't had luck recently. I have 3 singles or that can be made into a single and a double. I just don't want to spend alot on placing these machines if possible. Thanks

Hey VVS,

Who I am going to recommend to you happens to be the only person that I have used. When I decided to use a locator price was and is a huge factor in my decision making process.

Eddie at EddieBauer Locating has done a great job for me, I purchased 5 locations for him (which is the minimum) for 150. I had the locations in a few hours and I was very pleased with them as well. Eddie only does charity vending right now so keep that in mind, but for those singles his services will work out great.

Give him a shout.

Guest ontheballvending

A good idea, would be to have your machines with you, when you are trying to locate prospects.  When you find a good spot, you can place your machine instantly.  Good Luck !!

Locators== Still Under Review    The Best Locator is Yourself !!    If it takes an extra 30 days, you are still

ahead of the game.

Only 3 locators to consider in my opinion, 1st is Eddie Bauer you get locations fast and he has a good deal at 5 for $150, is easy to communicate with, only thing is no right to refusal or kickout warrenty but still a good deal, I would recommend him. 2nd is Kickstart locators, has more options and warrenties but they come with a higher price, not as fast with communication but not too bad either. They normally get locations petty quick too. I would recommend them also. And the last one is you, nobody cares more about the quality of your locations then you, making you the best option, but if your anything like me (I hate locating) then then option 1 or 2 is the way to go. I'll always do a certain amount of locating myself (location types that I have a high success rate with) but Eddie and Rob at KS can do the rest.

I know cheap and best really don't go hand in hand but I need a couple machines placed and haven't had luck recently. I have 3 singles or that can be made into a single and a double. I just don't want to spend alot on placing these machines if possible. Thanks

Eddie is number 1 in my book..

The Best Locator is Yourself !!    If it takes an extra 30 days, you are still ahead of the game.

What frustrates me about people saying this is the fact that they apparently place no value on the most important and limited resource they have - their own time. Isn't your time worth anything? If I take a day off from work to go locate, it costs me hundreds of dollars. There is no way for that to work out to a better deal than using a locator. It just isn't possible.

Even if I went out and got 5 decent locations in that one day, which is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY, it would still be more cost efficient for me to hire Rob or Eddie to do the job. And anyone who knows anything about vending can tell you that you don't get 5 good locations in a day. There will be days where you go out and approach tons of places, and get ZERO locations. Other times you might be lucky to get 2 or 3. Isn't the time it takes you to get 2 or 3 locations more valuable than what it would cost you to pay a locator for 2 or 3 locations?? Even if you don't have a regular career where you are directly compensated for your time, couldn't your time be better spent doing things like strategic planning, product research and planning, route optimization (ie figuring out how to service more efficiently to reduce the time and mileage it takes you to service), thinking about where to expand, how to cut expenses and increase profit margins, etc etc etc???

Unless you work 7 days a week then you could use a day off to locate. And I agree its up and down with locating but I did get 7 in one day, but I have also gone home empty handed. I have noticed that hair salons are easier to locate in as well as small town in generals have been easier for me so I don't want to pay someone for something I can get for free - 5 or 6 hours of my time. And I have a state job with plenty of annual leave so it really don't cost me anything.

This is not directed at anyone it is just a thought I had about this although mizugori has a point

butyeah bro but if you work 7 days a week and you got 5 or 6 hours off...Let me back it up a bit if you  work 40 hours a week and have the weekend off how much of that time do you really want to spend locating. You prob already have some servicing to do. Most off the guys here do this part time...and ..no offense...but just because your the owner how does that automatically make you the best locator...

some of the guys we work for would be better off if they didn't say a word when they go service much less try to locate LOL.

Even the guys on here that like to locate will use us for filler... to expedite building a route.

And you locating for yourself is only free if your time is worth nothing and that's just not true of anybody...everybodies time is valuable.

I have a lawn mower but I cant remember the last time I cut the grass...I'd rather be hanging with my kids or wife or riding dirtbikes or...anything but cut the grass...the 30 bucks it costs for the guy to mow edge weedeat,pull the weeds in the flowerbeds and sweep in 30 Min's is worth having back the 2 plus hours it would take me LOL...true though.

so really man if you enjoy locating go for it(I'll help you with a script) if you dint you shouldn't be made to feel lazy or less of a vendor because you hire people to help you grow your business.

Guest ontheballvending

So Far I have communicated well with Eddie, and I have all the confidence in the world that he will do a great job.

I have never used a locator, as I think I do a great job.  However, lets give all locators at least one chance to help

grow all of our businesses.  $150 for 5 locations is very reasonable, and I am certain, it will be grown into 15 or 20

locations if we maximize each locations potential.  I want to have experience with a locator, so I can see how it

actually will work.  We either pay 25% Commission to each location or -0-, as we donate each year to

St. Judes Childrens Hospital, and other charities as well.  I think it is a Blessing for us to have locators, and

if this will grow our businesses, then we should take the 1st step and see what happens.  These locators need

to do a great job, as they know, we are going to report back and give a review.  Good Luck !!

I work 9-7 M-F, and 8-2 Saturdays at my full-time career. And it's a 45 minute drive each way so add 6 x 1.5 on top of that for my traveling time to and from work. I have to service my route during what remaining time I have left after that.

Sticking by original post. If you only have a few machines and need the biggest bang for your buck and want quality over quantity then you are probably better suited for the job (like eddie said though this is not always the case, some people just don't have the people or sales skills to do it. If you have severe time retraints or just hate locating or want some help to fill in the gaps then locators are the way too go.  I'm not trying to discourge anyone from them, I use them and have had dencent results but would be willing to put my self located locations gross against my locator locations any day of the week. But when using locators Eddie B and kickstart is the way to go.

VVS

Eddie has a 5 location minimum  :'(

what does WS mean?

5 locations is not a bad minimum, if you ordered like 1 at a time you might get a dud just by chance and then think the locator sucks, 5 at least gives you a fair idea of the quality of locations and customer service they can deliver...

Guest ontheballvending

I have to say OUR TIME or YOUR TIME is the most valuable asset you possess.  It is my goal to locate as many locations as possible myself, and let these locators fill in the gaps.  When you figure your time, really it is NOT

costing a dime @ $30 a location.  Come on now !!  If you get 50% good locations out of 10, that is still very good in my book, and the potential of other new locations in the same vicinity is endless.

I agree with Mizugori.  Thanks!  Scot

Guest ontheballvending

I am giving Eddie B a chance here and he has sent me some locations already this morning, and we are in the process of placing the machines today.  I think this will be a great fit, and work out well.

Keep em coming Eddie !    Scot

Guest ontheballvending

Here is the lowdown on my locations placements for today, that were sent to me by Eddie B Vending.

I received 6 locations total, and out of the 6 locations, I was able to place 4 machines today.  All 1800 Vending Machines with Bulk Candy, Gumballs, & Nuts.  

So I received my locations by 1:00 PM, and we had them all in place by 4:30 PM.  That is the 4 locations out of the

six I received.  Also, I just got 2 more locations, so we will handle them soon, either Saturday or Monday.

I am very pleased with the results.  I will be more pleased, and report back after we collect these machines

in the future.

Now you will see the 4 column sticker machine with 2 heads on the bottom.  This is in the planning stage, and

we have put this together to fit all of our sticker machines already on location.  The heads need to be brought in

about 3 inches on each side, and we will be ready to outfit our sticker machines in every location.  I made this in

our pre-fab shop.  More money for each location.

post-2256-129433937718_thumb.jpg

post-2256-129433937722_thumb.jpg

post-2256-129433937726_thumb.jpg

Now you will see the 4 column sticker machine with 2 heads on the bottom.  This is in the planning stage, and we have put this together to fit all of our sticker machines already on location.  The heads need to be brought inabout 3 inches on each side, and we will be ready to outfit our sticker machines in every location.  I made this in our pre-fab shop.  More money for each location.

I don't know about that modified 4-way using the round base.

Why not just a 4-way step stand?

It would look nicer, with no fab needed, and would be much more stable.

The fab job on your pic may cost less than the $60 step-stand, but you will not save much if you get hit with a liability suit.

I can see some enthusiastic kid leaning on the top of those candy machines for a closer look at the tattooos/stickers.

The kid would bring the whole thing on top of himself if he likes his fast-food.