Farking R@ Bastage #*%$!! Soda machine is vending warm pop.....

ABCVending

We finally hit 90 degrees for 3 consecutive days and the Soda machines are giving me grief.

First - Vendo (don't have the model # off the top of my head) all iced up in front of the evaporator - so bad it was blocking the drain, took a heat gun and melted most of it off.  Think maybe I didn't have the T-Handle cranked down hard enough to ensure a good seal around the door.  Seemed to be work ok last check, will service again tomorrow and see what is what.

Next - USI 3037 Can only machine - warm pop, no icing up, there is a fan running but don't think the compressor is cycling on - hoping this is a electrical problem, with maybe the temp control or one of the relays or something - don't have a manual for it - what is SOP for troubleshooting something like this?  I think I've read you need to jumper the compressor and see if it will run at all, then determine why it isn't cycling, this sound about right?

Help a brother out - got some mechanical skills but will take any help I can get.

ABC

southest...........this doesnt help but i wanted to let you know your not alone.....last week i noticed 5 machine were icing up....i have been doing alot of cleaning on these machines .....we(i) dont want them to go down

We finally hit 90 degrees for 3 consecutive days and the Soda machines are giving me grief.

First - Vendo (don't have the model # off the top of my head) all iced up in front of the evaporator - so bad it was blocking the drain, took a heat gun and melted most of it off.  Think maybe I didn't have the T-Handle cranked down hard enough to ensure a good seal around the door.  Seemed to be work ok last check, will service again tomorrow and see what is what.

Next - USI 3037 Can only machine - warm pop, no icing up, there is a fan running but don't think the compressor is cycling on - hoping this is a electrical problem, with maybe the temp control or one of the relays or something - don't have a manual for it - what is SOP for troubleshooting something like this?  I think I've read you need to jumper the compressor and see if it will run at all, then determine why it isn't cycling, this sound about right?

Help a brother out - got some mechanical skills but will take any help I can get.

ABC

You can jump out the thermostat to see if that is the problem. Unplug the machine first and jump the two wires that go to the thermostat together. The key to compressor power issues in the fan by the compressor. The compressor and that fan are wired in parallel. When there is power applied both units should turn on. If the compressor is running and the fan isn't, it is probably the fan. Inversely, if the fan is running and not the compressor it is probably the compressor. If they both are not running you probably have a power supply issue and if both are running and it is warm you have a charge isue.