%&*! or get off the pot!

jgoldenmba

I dont have heat on,there is a 5 gallon water heater,I wash my hands there maybe once a week and use the florescent lighting for 10 hours a month.the

If the hot water heater is electric it probably uses more juice than you give it credit for. It still has to keep that water hot 24/7 even if its only 5 gallons. If you want to figure out more on the energy consumption you can contact the manufacturers and they should be able to tell you how many Kw a machine uses and then multiply by the rate on the bill.

If the hot water heater is electric it probably uses more juice than you give it credit for. It still has to keep that water hot 24/7 even if its only 5 gallons. If you want to figure out more on the energy consumption you can contact the manufacturers and they should be able to tell you how many Kw a machine uses and then multiply by the rate on the bill.

I have thought of thast but figured it would be irrelevant,it might be time to unplug it.

It would be interesting to see how much it uses.

I shut it off today.I also sealed the windows last weekend and there is an accordian door that closes off 1/4 of the building that I shut,which I didnt last year.I keep the heat on at the lowest it`ll go,45 I believe.it doesnt help that it is an ancient unit either.

If you check out this link and article it will give you some information on basic beverage machines and the annual energy consumption.

E-Source Article on Vending Machine Power Consumptionhttps://www.energymiserstore.com/download/articles/e_source.pdf

It is a little dated but it will give you a good idea of ways to conserve energy.  You can also approach your customer and offer to place a energy miser on the machine if they will reduce your fee by half.  You can copy the article for back up.

Poplady

Archived