newbie question on snack machines

nrpick44

Bolt on AC units for snack machines have been around for years. I currently have 2 machines with the units on them. The biggest drawback is that these machines are not designed to be air conditioned, there is no insulation so at times condensation in the machine can become an issue. Moisture and electronics do not mix well.

A few tips:

If it does not already have it get a thin sheet of styrofoam and glue it to the divider between the shelving and the electronics. Make sure it is set to only cool enough to keep the chocolate items from melting, around 75 degrees. By reducing the temperature differential between inside and outside you will reduce condensation. Make sure the AC unit has a condensate line that drains to somewhere outside the machine and it should be fine. It will also help to turn off the unit during the cooler months where the ambient temperature won't damage products. Maintenance is the same as a drink machine, keep the evaporator and condenser clean, the only difference is that you will have to pull the cover off of the unit to get to it.

One is an AP6000 the other is a LCM3. I also used to have one on a Rowe. To install you hace to cut two holes in the top approx 3in by 9in. One is air in the other air out. The unit sits on top of the holes and then you drill two holes to bolt the unit to the top of the snack machine.

Talking about a redneck!!  :o although it wouldn't look very professional,  this whole time I thought you meant cutting a slot in the side of the machine and hooking up a window type air conditioner... 

Hey NinnJinn,  Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeres your sign!!!!!!!!!!  :-[

I know what you are talking about. I have two of them and hate both of them. I have started using window a c from walmart and its working great for me I have 4 of them on new crane 181 snacks and I only have about 150 dollars in it all if the unit breaks take it out and put a new 95 dollar unit in its better then spending 500 dollars on the vending machine ac unit