small snack machine,which one??

I never called the company today.my wife is on the animal control board with the sheriff,Bob.she placed the candy machine,but was unable to get a numbers count as far as traffic flow and number of people working there.I know there are ten that I saw or know works there.I think I am going to either see if he will let me put a 3rd party coke or pepsi machine on the other side of the courthouse but against the courthouse wall so all they have to do is go outside and not across the street.If he says no beacuse there is no electricity (I dont know for sure yet assuming the worst)and doesnt want to pay for the expense I may offer to pay half or perhaps even all that expense to have a machine there at no cost or commission to me.they have various events on the square and it would do well for all those.if I get a soda machine out there I will buy a snack machine if not I will buy a combo.whatever I get I am going to try to talk him into moveing it over just 3 feet for what is imo optimal location inside of the location..

If you wind up paying for the electrical connection for the outside spot make sure your have a qualified electrician do it for liability purposes. Also, use the fact that you are fronting this expense as a way to get a good signed contract in place you you can be assured that you will stay there at least long enough to recoup your costs.

I know its a friendly deal right now but you never know when someone new will be put in charge and start changing things.

I plan on useing the guy that does work for me at the pizza shop if I get the ok.I called pepsi today and he told me I can have another machine if I need it.as soon as I can get a hold of the sheriff I will explain to him the options and see what he says.I am happy to know that I have access to more machines if needed.

as far as the contract goes I am not sure I can do that.he would probably not like that idea.it MAY be a little rough at first as far as keeping the machine stocked but I will get it pretty quickly,and that is the only reason I would get the boot.no other vendor can just come in and take my location.he doesnt even want commission,so that strategy wouldnt work.I would have to do something big to get kicked out of there.I have to many ties in there to just one day up and get the boot.if he would have an issue he would tell me about it.my wife says he got excited about having a machine WITH candy it it,he probably will be one of the best costumers.I am the cheapest bastard on here ask kelly,I wouldnt just go buy a new machine if  I wasnt so sure.I will ask him and make sure he is the sole decision maker and not the county board.if it were the county board I would want a contract.I will discuss this with my wife too and see what she has to say,she will be servicing it too and has intrest in this oportunity.do you have contracts with all your accounts?

I am doing more with contracts than I used to. I at least have a one page "service agreement" with all locations to prove what the original agreement was down the line and to prove ownership if the location closes suddenly.

If I will be buying new equipment for a location it will be with a contract in place.

we need to talk with him and discuss in detail what is expected of us and under what curcumstances we would get the boot, among other things.do you have posted somewhere a copy of your service agreement?if not do you have a copy you could possibly email me?another reason I want a new machine is because I need something reliable.I dont want to drive to it every other week for repairs too.if these machines are going to be making my bread and butter I expect them to work all the time with extremly little down time.and considering it is my only machine I dont want to carry parts.they are expanding the court house so I am leaning more towards a snack machine and then getting a coke machine,this is one of those among other things to discuss with him.

• 2 weeks later...

since I wont be needing a combo I think I am going to get a slim gem.did you have the option of having a mars dbv coin changer??what bkind did you get for yours?are the stok ones reliable  so far if thats what you have?

Could you clarify your post? Maybe a link to the equipment manufacturer you are looking at?

As for the Mars dbv and coin, those are well known dependable brands.

whoops slow at work been having a few beers,I am going with the ams brand. you sent me the link asome time ago.slim gem is the model I am looking at.I was wondering what dbv and coin acceptors yours had and if the option to upgrade to mars was available

• 5 weeks later...

mission:it turns out the court house is worried about energy consumption,and may not want the soda machine,just snacks.I am going to a board meeting next thursday and try to convince them that it is a good idea to have both there.the sheriff himself wants it but and they want the snack machine for sure.can you email me a copy of your contract for your locations.I think I am going to go this route after all.

Archived