usi 23

devin1986

That's not a bad machine, I've got one of those :D The only problem with USI equipment is that  USI is just about the only reliable source for parts. Most of the major equipment and parts dealers don't deal much with USI stuff because it is not desired equipment by the larger operations.

See if you can get a model # on it.

That's very subjective, even more so than condition. It's a smaller machine that the larger operators don't want in addition to it being a USI, but for smaller operators it probably is more desirable. If it was me and it was in good condition, everything worked etc. I'd go as high as 700 - 800.

That's very subjective, even more so than condition. It's a smaller machine that the larger operators don't want in addition to it being a USI, but for smaller operators it probably is more desirable. If it was me and it was in good condition, everything worked etc. I'd go as high as 700 - 800.

This is right on point!

I have a two USI machines on craigslist right now. One is a 23 select with IVEND for $900 the other is a 24 select for $800.

JD

I've owned a lot of USI stuff over the years, in fact after my initial purchase of 10 machines I bought exclusively USI for 4-5 years. Some of their stuff is fine, some of it, as I've said before is not fit to use as a boat anchor. The standard drink and snack machines have always been good to me. I have had more problems with mechs and DBV in those machines than problems with the machines themselves.

Its the "new stuff" that they come out with that has caused me untold grief. The menu mart, versions I and II, the 7/10 combo drink machine to name a couple of examples. It is because of the problems associated with their attempts to be innovative that their reputation is not the best (IMO). As long as you stick with standard drink and snack machine then you will be OK with this brand, its the other stuff you have to VERY CAREFUL about buying.

I'm skeptical of this machine. The owner wants me to pay cash for the location because he said he's still paying off the machine, but the amount he's claiming to owe is significantly more than $900 and he seems to be an experienced vendor.

Am I getting taken on this or do you think it's possible that he over paid for it?

I'm skeptical of this machine. The owner wants me to pay cash for the location because he said he's still paying off the machine, but the amount he's claiming to owe is significantly more than $900 and he seems to be an experienced vendor.

Am I getting taken on this or do you think it's possible that he over paid for it?

If he is still paying off the machine then I would stay FAR FAR AWAY. More than likely it is financed through the "in-house" financing program at USI. They are very good about doing their paperwork and making sure they file their Liens on the stuff they finance. If the guy defaults on the note then they will come looking for it and if you want to keep it you will wind up paying the balance or giving the machine back. I know this because I spent several years working as a repo man in Texas for them. Yes, I did walk into locations, showed the paperwork and took the machines. I have some very interesting stories and adventures from that time period. ;)

He may have bought the machine new which case would mean he paid ~$2800 for it. From what your saying is sounds like he bought a new machine, and its not doing enough to make the payments. What is his stated income from this location? What is he asking for the machine?

If you get the serial number you can check the age of the machine. You can also call up Inland Finance and discuss loan terms and balances (after they get the owners permission).

JD

Thanks for the advice everyone! Im moving forward cautiously. With your advice and input from a few lawyers that I work for part time, I'm going to keep talking to the seller, but I think I might end up keeping to my startegy of using locators for now.

This machine is probably financed through Wittern Group.  Call them and ask if you can check for a lien on that serial number.  Explain you are wanting to purchase the machine, get the lien number and be sure the lien is cleared before purchase.  There are public records available.  If you have the vendors phone number, address or company name send me a PM and I will send you lien information.

Blue Moose

I have found that the easiest and most protected way to buy a machine that has a Wittern loan is to just have the loan transffered into your name with Wittern. Then pay any difference direct to the seller (assuming you are paying more than the loan balance). This way Wittern will send you a document packet that you can sign with the seller that will properly release his ownership and loan and assign it to you. They may charge you a $50-100 doc fee that may not be worth it if you don't plan on keeping the financing in place for a while.

This is the best way to put all three of you on the same page and you can always payoff the balance at any time.

JD

Archived