Buying two snack machines from storage - bills won't pull

Boazcat

I'm negotiating with a lady for 2 snack machines that have been in her garage for at least 3 years.  They are clean and look to be in great shape on the inside.  Both have Maka bill validators and both will not accept bills.  They cycle up with the power is on, but won't pull anything up.  The belts on the inside (that I can see) are moveable and operational - it just won't pull the bills up.

Whats the best way to reactivate them after they've been sitting so long?

Nb - 15a

Nbe-21-400

Thanks,

Michael

You can replace the belts and that fixes it 95% of the time with MAKA if it will cycle but not pull the bill all the way in. If you are mechanical you can do this yourself and the belt kits are cheap. I change out the belts myself on mine with no problems. I have seen belt sets for around $8.00 a set.

There wasn't change in the tubes.  Maybe that is it.  She said they worked fine for her.  Who knows the truth though... 

The belts move when it cycles up but it doesn't even try to pull the bills.  Almost like it doesn't have a sensor to know bill is present.  I'll go back and check again.

Thanks,

Michael

Take some change with you.  It might start working!  I know you are talking snack machines, but on one of my coke machines I tried the DBA before I had change in it, and it didn't do anything.  Filled the changer with 10 coins each, and has been working ever since.

Archived