"coin Op" Massage chairs

amc-vending

does anyone have any dealings with the massage chairs that you put your dollar bill in and recieve a 3-5 minute massage  ??

If so - what was / is your take on them ?

Are they worth 1600 each (new)

what about your ROI ?

thanks

allen

Is it the kind that uses water pressure to give you an all over body massage? Don't know how they hold up but they are absolutley great.

We tried them at Pigeon Forge Tenn the last time we were there. I think it was higher than a dollar though.

• 6 months later...

does anyone have any dealings with the massage chairs that you put your dollar bill in and recieve a 3-5 minute massage ??

If so - what was / is your take on them ?

Are they worth 1600 each (new)

what about your ROI ?

thanks

allen

I have been at it for going on two years and I can speak volumes. $1600 is about what I pay for new and I have picked up a few on the secondary marketplace. ROI is all over town but of course nothing like the guys selling them make you believe. My best chair is farr far away but it averages about a buck fifty for my end per month. After that no two locations together match that. So ti depends on how you look at it. I have no idea what a business should pay me back but my return is higher than by far than I could get from any investment vehicle and it is a form of vending where you do not have to do any stocking. Beyond that I am looking for advice like everybody else. Right now I am looking to get more chairs out there going for the volume approach. Hope that helps. If you decide to go for it I would be happy to talk to you and tell you some of the little that I have learned.

Ok I've seen them at airports. Always seem to have people using them there.

Airports are tough because Smart Cart (the folks with the coin op cart rentals) have jumped in the game and they have both history and presence that is tough to beat. Similarly at malls there are some big corporate outfits gobbling them up. Pliu most malls know how valuable their space is so except for the smaller ones it is a very tough sell.

• 8 months later...

Be careful of your local laws and regulations.

Get advice on insurance from an insurance broker first.

I was offered a master franchise for one such model for Ireland.

On taking professional advice I steered clear in fear of possible law suits.

That was my experience.

• 7 months later...

I dont know where you would put one of those besides the airport or mall. Get ready for when people spill their drinks on them. Or when one breaks, I wouldnt want to know what it costs to fix.

car washes!!!

Archived