Can the Coke vending machine ownership be transferable?

hkjai

I m about to buy the coke vending machine with location from a guy. He said the ownership can be transferable. He owns the machine. Someone told me coke only lease machine to people. What questions do I ask this guy? Who else do I need to find out if I take over the Coke company won't remove the machine from location? Thanks in advance.

If he he doing a third party lease agreement you need to meet with the rep first. Coke has been pretty reluctant to set up new accounts with vendors that do not have at least a year or longer track record of being in the business.

Finally, if it is a third party machine and you do get it transferred I hope you are not paying more than a few hundred for the location and then add in any inventory that comes with the machine.

He is getting Soda from Coke company. The machines have Coke on the front.

Unfortunately that does not clarify the situation. He could own the machine and order from Coke out of convenience or he could be leasing it and be required to buy from them to keep the machine. I strongly suggest that you talk to him and seek clarification before you move forward on this because this makes a huge difference in value.

When I bought my last few locations the owner had 2 Coke owned machines.  I called Coke and the just transferred all the machines under  my name and set up a new account for me.  I did meet with the rep and he discussed the different Flo agreement levels etc then said just email him when I want a machine it was a pretty smooth transfer

When I bought my last few locations the owner had 2 Coke owned machines.  I called Coke and the just transferred all the machines under  my name and set up a new account for me.  I did meet with the rep and he discussed the different Flo agreement levels etc then said just email him when I want a machine it was a pretty smooth transfer

How did u contact the rep? Whats the phone number? What do they need from u? Thanks

You should be able to get the name and number from the guy that wants to sell it to you. Coke does have a nationwide number you can call as well 1-800-647-2653. Tell them you need to talk with the third party rep for your area about transferring machines from another vendor.

You will need to have an address for delivery, something other than a residence, and a Tax I.D. number

I was walking away from this guy like everyone told me and refused to pay. He finally did something for me. The Coke company told him that I need to sign the asset paper for each machine to transfer to my account.

I m using my home address as home office business. Will they delivery to my resident home Office?

In most cases Coke won't deliver to a residence, in many cities there are ordinances against it. For deliveries you will at least need to get a ministorage location.

Coke will provide the machine at no cost and be responsible for repairs, in exchange you will be required to ONLY sell their product ordered directly from them, even if the price is lower  at Sam's. Different areas have different purchase requirements probably 10-20 cases a month. The level of enforcement of minimum purchase requirements is also variable from area to area, if you have a good relationship with them then you can get by with less with no adverse consequences.

Archived