How do new ADA regulations effect vending operators?

I want to get started in vending, and just read that there will be new guidlines in 2011 that will require vending operators to display certain information about the products they vend. Could anybody give me a brief idea of what this would mean for somebody just getting started in the vending business?

It is actually a good question as the ADA guidelines are supposed to be changing as well. The reach is going from 54/56 inches (can't remember exactly which one) to 48 inches. So yes, the new ADA guidelines will affect you if you are in a location that enforces ADA regulations. The sticky point is this, however your location interprets the ADA regulations is the regulations you will need to abide by. I have a customer that is plagued by a misinterpretation of the regs but he must abide by them in order to retain the location.

As far as the nutritional info. I am not sure that there is a cut and dry interpretation of what will be legal and what won't. The ruling is too ambiguous at this time.

It is actually a good question as the ADA guidelines are supposed to be changing as well. The reach is going from 54/56 inches (can't remember exactly which one) to 48 inches. So yes, the new ADA guidelines will affect you if you are in a location that enforces ADA regulations. The sticky point is this, however your location interprets the ADA regulations is the regulations you will need to abide by. I have a customer that is plagued by a misinterpretation of the regs but he must abide by them in order to retain the location.

As far as the nutritional info. I am not sure that there is a cut and dry interpretation of what will be legal and what won't. The ruling is too ambiguous at this time.

My question would be this:

Are machines already in locations "grandfathered" in and this applies only to new installations?

I've seldom had the ADA issue come up, even in the City of San Antonio agreement I am a part of, so other than being aware of it my knowledge is very limited.

My question would be this:

Are machines already in locations "grandfathered" in and this applies only to new installations?

I've seldom had the ADA issue come up, even in the City of San Antonio agreement I am a part of, so other than being aware of it my knowledge is very limited.

No grandfathering for ADA regulations that I am aware of. On Nutri, I don't know if anyone knows exactly how it will be implemented.

Archived