electronic inventory possible?

I'm curious, is there an electronic device that can send me inventory of what needs to be put into my machine(s) and if so, what key words do I need to search the forum for?

I think it would be more efficient if one can know what goods to bring to their account if this type of device were possible.

cantaloupe system but i think its pretty expensive

You had one post about CC readers. My understanding is that if you use someone like USAtech with their CC system you can get remote monitoring with them. There is another company called Vendsys that some of my customers use (http://synecticssi.com/vendsys/) or as dogcow says there is cantaloupe which seems to be the most popular.

Yes it would be a help to do so but in order to do so there are costs involved. For a small vendor the costs will far outweigh the benefits.

I use USAT for my credit tansactions and can get the full remote monitoring if I want it. However I save $$ by getting only the total sales data, unless I have most of my locations equipped with credit readers it does not make sense to spend the extra money on the monitoring.

With the sales info I can at least tell if the location needs to serviced or not andprovide service when its needed

• 2 weeks later...

I have the cantaloupe systems in my machines but I don't use them, they were there when I bought the machines. The previous owner said nothing about them and I didn't even know what they were for a while. I took one out because I was having problems with that machine, it didn't fix the problem but I figure having extra crap and more connections in the wiring doesn't do any good so I'll take the rest out sooner or later. Anyway, I have no use for them. I don't know much about them but if you're interested I'd be willing to give you a good deal on them, I have 5.

I have the cantaloupe systems in my machines but I don't use them, they were there when I bought the machines. The previous owner said nothing about them and I didn't even know what they were for a while. I took one out because I was having problems with that machine, it didn't fix the problem but I figure having extra crap and more connections in the wiring doesn't do any good so I'll take the rest out sooner or later. Anyway, I have no use for them. I don't know much about them but if you're interested I'd be willing to give you a good deal on them, I have 5.

It would be interesting to see if Cantaloupe would be willing to transfer and set up a new account with only a few units. When I last spoke with them about 18 months ago they were pretty insistent on sending someone out for a week to help convert equipment and provide training to the tune of around 20+K. Instead I went to USAT where I could set up locations as I felt it necessary. There was no interest on their part on anything less than setting up my full route. That was some time ago, hopefully they have changed that practice.

USAT sends us a report every day that tells us every item that sold. It is very helpful. Right now Im looking into MEI's program easitrax and I'm hoping it can do the same thing with all of our machines.

Archived