Expire date for cold food.

Big Mike

We have had our cold food machine up and running for 2 weeks now. How do you keep track of when your items expire? We are going with a two week window. (As advised here). We started using a three color system. Just put a mark on the back of the item and a mark on the calender\route sheet when the item needs to be pulled. Any better ideas?

Mike

I just use a pricing gun to put a date on the front of each item. When I service the machine I just pull the stuff that will go out of date before the next scheduled service. Instead of dating stuff at 2 weeks, I actually use 15 days. That way I am always there the day before things expire :)

I just use a pricing gun to put a date on the front of each item. When I service the machine I just pull the stuff that will go out of date before the next scheduled service. Instead of dating stuff at 2 weeks, I actually use 15 days. That way I am always there the day before things expire :)

You must have gotten that from me. ;)

Any office supply store ought to have one, mine was around 80 bucks and came in a package with several rolls of stickers. Still using the original rolls after 3 years.

You must have gotten that from me. ;)

Any office supply store ought to have one, mine was around 80 bucks and came in a package with several rolls of stickers. Still using the original rolls after 3 years.

EIGHTY BUCKS?!!! get one off ebay for under $10

Ok, I've got to ask, what do you do with the expired stuff? Eat it? Donate it? Put it in a machine where people can't read? Save the nutty chocolate bars for summertime fun at the pool?

Man I'd be royally ticked if I had to toss a bunch of stuff.

Do you think the consumer actually seeing the date of expiration on the front helps or hinders sales? I'd think showing freshness would help, but sales would slip as that date got closer.

How about a code instead of date?

Ok, I've got to ask, what do you do with the expired stuff? Eat it? Donate it? Put it in a machine where people can't read? Save the nutty chocolate bars for summertime fun at the pool?

Man I'd be royally ticked if I had to toss a bunch of stuff.

Do you think the consumer actually seeing the date of expiration on the front helps or hinders sales? I'd think showing freshness would help, but sales would slip as that date got closer.

How about a code instead of date?

i give away a lot of chips and diet soda usually just leave it at work with a big "FREE" sign on it. pastries i generally toss

I put the dates in the back or bottom where they can`t see it. The food items get tossed because it`s so temp sensitive. Chips and pastries I will put on the table in the breakroom or toss as well. It depends on the account.

Fortunately I don`t throw much food out because I have only one cold food machine left.

All the rest are frozen so spoilage is no longer a problem.

Archived