New Account Help!

royalforest

I am working on a new account. The business has 3 soda machines, 2 snack machines, 2 food machines, and a coffee machine. They want me to put together a proposal which I don't have. Does anyone have experience in putting together a proposal? Also they want my soda machine to accept coupons for employees that they reward a free soda for. Has anyone heard of this? This place is serviced everyday and is open 24 hours. Am I wasting my time or should I get my bid in. Thanks Rich

Daily service... that sounds like a fantastic account. Keep in mind this will be a very demanding account but will be well worth the effort.

Get the bid in. Even if you don`t get it the experience will help you next time. I don`t know if there are bid templates in the library here or not but take a look around and see if there is anything you can use.

If you want, I can send you a copy of and old proposal that you can use as a template. Let me know.

Daily service... that sounds like a fantastic account. Keep in mind this will be a very demanding account but will be well worth the effort.

Get the bid in. Even if you don`t get it the experience will help you next time. I don`t know if there are bid templates in the library here or not but take a look around and see if there is anything you can use.

If you want, I can send you a copy of and old proposal that you can use as a template. Let me know.

Yes Mission, please send to me I would appreciate it.

Royalforest,

These are things to keep in mind when doing a proposal. It sounds like you will be “biding” against other companies. With the equipment involved it sounds like a large account that large vending companies will be biding on. I wont mention names but if certain companies are bidding also they have a team of people that all they do is write proposals. They can even do them in multiple languages. I tell you this not to scare you or say that you shouldn’t bid. I have bid against these same type vending companies and beat them with nothing more than a proposal I did on my computer.

I cant stress enough when writing proposals is ask the right questions. What are their pains? Why are they accepting bids. I have NEVER had someone accepting bids that didn’t have a reason. You tailor your proposal based on their needs and how you are going to fix their pain.

Also with an account this large and with two food machines, food is probably important. Do you have a source for good cold food? I don’t mean Sam’s Club White Castle burgers. They may even want a full presentation with food samples. At these presentations you go over the proposal and let them sample foods and answer any questions.

If you don’t mind me asking what type of account is this? How many employees?

Some basic points you want to cover in a proposal. About You Company

Important Information (Insurance, Tax ID#, Back ground checks on your emplyees,etc)

Equipment (Type, style, etc)

Equipment Placement (What you will place)

Pricing

Service, Terms, Pricing Guarantee, Amenities

References

Summary

Thank you so much to all for your help! I am sorry I did not get back because I did not see anything in my personal email inbox so I thought no one responded. In the past when someone posted on a topic I was involved in it would go to my personal email. I guess Vendiscuss does not have that feature anymore. Anyway thanks for your help.

RJT, I will email you if I need help. Thanks Rich

Thank you so much to all for your help! I am sorry I did not get back because I did not see anything in my personal email inbox so I thought no one responded. In the past when someone posted on a topic I was involved in it would go to my personal email. I guess Vendiscuss does not have that feature anymore. Anyway thanks for your help.

RJT, I will email you if I need help. Thanks Rich

NP, good luck with the account. Sounds like a nice account!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived