Chance To Buy Dn 5591

I have a chance to buy the DN 5591 that sits in the place I work, it's owned by the local Pepsi distributor right now. We recently went from over 20 employees to 6 and walk in customers are way down so the location pretty much sucks. I bought a Dr. Pepper out of it yesterday and noticed it was two months expired, as is the rest of the pop in there. So I called up the number on the machine and said hey almost everything in this thing is expired and I know you don't make any money on this location, do you want to sell the machine? He said he'd get back to me but I didn't really expect to hear from him. He called today and said $1,500. I've looked around a bit and it seems that's about the going price. I wouldn't leave it there because it would never pay itself off, I own the snack machine next to it and I think I took $18 out of it last month, it's more like my lunchbox lol.

I don't have a location for it but am going to ask one of my accounts if they want to do a vending machine shuffle involving this glass front, my older Rowe snack machine, and the combo machine I already have there. That would involve one or two other drink machines getting the boot though, but my contact there has mentioned to me that she doesn't like one of them (it's a glass front with the thing that grabs the drink then takes it to the little door and apparently it messes up a lot).

Anyway, I searched on here and the DN 5591 seem to be good machines and this one hasn't had a problem in the 4 years I've been around it. I'm just not sure if I should offer less, hand over $1500 and walk away smiling, or just walk away. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I have a chance to buy the DN 5591 that sits in the place I work, it's owned by the local Pepsi distributor right now. We recently went from over 20 employees to 6 and walk in customers are way down so the location pretty much sucks. I bought a Dr. Pepper out of it yesterday and noticed it was two months expired, as is the rest of the pop in there. So I called up the number on the machine and said hey almost everything in this thing is expired and I know you don't make any money on this location, do you want to sell the machine? He said he'd get back to me but I didn't really expect to hear from him. He called today and said $1,500. I've looked around a bit and it seems that's about the going price. I wouldn't leave it there because it would never pay itself off, I own the snack machine next to it and I think I took $18 out of it last month, it's more like my lunchbox lol.

I don't have a location for it but am going to ask one of my accounts if they want to do a vending machine shuffle involving this glass front, my older Rowe snack machine, and the combo machine I already have there. That would involve one or two other drink machines getting the boot though, but my contact there has mentioned to me that she doesn't like one of them (it's a glass front with the thing that grabs the drink then takes it to the little door and apparently it messes up a lot).

Anyway, I searched on here and the DN 5591 seem to be good machines and this one hasn't had a problem in the 4 years I've been around it. I'm just not sure if I should offer less, hand over $1500 and walk away smiling, or just walk away. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Always ask for a better deal... but 1500 is a good price IMO. The machine with the hand you are referring to is a Vendo. If it has not been upgraded with the newest chips and hand it can be quite problematic.

I have paid more for a 5591 and I have paid less for another 5591. I would look at the DBV and coin mech. They could add/subtract a couple hundred. Just as much as the serial numbers. It could be an old machine and depending on it's age not worth $1500. Does it have all the shims and product pushers? Is it cosmetically in good shape? $1500 wouldn't be bad if it had a decent coin mech, DBV, was in good shape inside and out, and wasn't over 8-10 years old. Just my opinion though.

I have paid more for a 5591 and I have paid less for another 5591. I would look at the DBV and coin mech. They could add/subtract a couple hundred. Just as much as the serial numbers. It could be an old machine and depending on it's age not worth $1500. Does it have all the shims and product pushers? Is it cosmetically in good shape? $1500 wouldn't be bad if it had a decent coin mech, DBV, was in good shape inside and out, and wasn't over 8-10 years old. Just my opinion though.

I'm not sure about the brand of the coin mech or DBV but it only takes ones, I'll have to look into that. As far as the serial number goes I have no idea what to look for, is the date in there somehow? The number is 0164 8148BA. It also has a model number 1600C-A on one of the plates, the other one says 5591, not sure what the deal with that is but the serial numbers match. I'm new to these things, what are the shims and product pushers?

I'm not sure about the brand of the coin mech or DBV but it only takes ones, I'll have to look into that. As far as the serial number goes I have no idea what to look for, is the date in there somehow? The number is 0164 8148BA. It also has a model number 1600C-A on one of the plates, the other one says 5591, not sure what the deal with that is but the serial numbers match. I'm new to these things, what are the shims and product pushers?

That machine was manufactured in the second quarter of 2002. The shims are the white plastic things that attach to the left side of each gate. There are 45 (5 shelves with 9 columns each). The pushers are used on the newer models. They attach to the bottom of each column. If a column is empty you will see the pusher slid all the way to the front of the column. If there is product in the row it goes in front of the pusher and the pusher will slide the bottles toward the glass with each vend. It probably has a 3 tube coin mech since it only takes ones. I use 5 tube mechs with 3 quarter tubes since I vend Monsters/Red Bull at 2.25 and 1.75. That way the customer can use a $5 and the machine will have plenty of quarters.

More about shims, you will use a different shim for different "packages" or bottles. Dixies website lists the shims required for each package. They call bottles/cans packages. 20oz bottles may not require a shim. As well as any large packages like Vitamin Water, Sobe, Snapple, etc. But cans, 16.9oz bottles, etc require shims and a different one for each product. So your machine may require up to 45 shims depending on what you're selling.

More about shims, you will use a different shim for different "packages" or bottles. Dixies website lists the shims required for each package. They call bottles/cans packages. 20oz bottles may not require a shim. As well as any large packages like Vitamin Water, Sobe, Snapple, etc. But cans, 16.9oz bottles, etc require shims and a different one for each product. So your machine may require up to 45 shims depending on what you're selling.

I don't use shims on any of my 20 oz products except for the Nestea. Shims are needed for just about everything else that you might want to vend.

I can't really see behind the bottles but it doesn't look like there is anything pushing on them, everything comes out of there fine tho so I'm sure it's all there and ok. Another thing I noticed, there is a gallon sized bucket sitting in the back of it, it was full of water to the brim so I emptied it, the next day there was maybe 1/4 inch of water in it. Even with it full to top I never noticed it dripping water out the bottom of the machine, I'm thinking it was overflowing the bucket slowly then evaporation before it came out the bottom. It comes out of the drain tube, I have no idea about anything when it comes to refridgeration but I'm guessing this isn't normal. Any ideas on this?

I can't really see behind the bottles but it doesn't look like there is anything pushing on them, everything comes out of there fine tho so I'm sure it's all there and ok. Another thing I noticed, there is a gallon sized bucket sitting in the back of it, it was full of water to the brim so I emptied it, the next day there was maybe 1/4 inch of water in it. Even with it full to top I never noticed it dripping water out the bottom of the machine, I'm thinking it was overflowing the bucket slowly then evaporation before it came out the bottom. It comes out of the drain tube, I have no idea about anything when it comes to refridgeration but I'm guessing this isn't normal. Any ideas on this?

There should be a drain pan for condensation from the refrigeration unit.the one it takes is missing.Thats why the bucket is there.You will need to get a new one so you don't have to empty it all the time.

John

There should be a drain pan for condensation from the refrigeration unit.the one it takes is missing.Thats why the bucket is there.You will need to get a new one so you don't have to empty it all the time.

John

A bucket being used as a drain pan will require emptying even if it is bigger then the original drain pan. The reason being is the drain pan is positioned in such a way that the condenser fan blows the warm air across the top of the pan and helps evaporate the water. If the stock pan is overflowing it is either missing the wicking sponges (if equipped) or you have an air leak in the machine allowing excessive condensation to occur. No this is not normal, and yes it could be a sign of other problems.

Like John says, the first step would be to get the original drain pan and sponges from Pepsi.

my 501t is rigged with a bucket instead of a drain pan, are they all pretty much the same for dixie narco or do they differ by model

In their stack vendors, yes. I can't say for the 5000 series. There is always the option of adding a heated drain pan for those problem machines that can't be fixed.

In their stack vendors, yes. I can't say for the 5000 series. There is always the option of adding a heated drain pan for those problem machines that can't be fixed.

how does the power work on those, does it have to be wired in custom or is there some way

to hook it up like where the ccompressor plugs in?

http://www.vendingmachinesworldwide.com/dixie-narco-vending-machine-drain-pan-ve-10533-80180424051.aspx

thats one for the stack vendors? is there any particular place i'd need to put it to make sure its getting the proper air flow to evaporate?

how does the power work on those, does it have to be wired in custom or is there some way

to hook it up like where the ccompressor plugs in?

http://www.vendingmachinesworldwide.com/dixie-narco-vending-machine-drain-pan-ve-10533-80180424051.aspx

thats one for the stack vendors? is there any particular place i'd need to put it to make sure its getting the proper air flow to evaporate?

The link you posted is the correct one for the stack vendor. It mounts to the left of the compressor and you should see 2 holes that it will bolt down with. If you look at the picture closely there are slots where the sponges fit in.

The heated drain pan (http://store.technivend.com/heated-drain-pan.html) can be wired different ways depending on the water issue. I have seen them wired in so they are on when the compressor is on, tapped into the 110v power in the machine and even wired with a separate plug that is plugged into the wall on its own. We usually tap the power inside the machine.

The link you posted is the correct one for the stack vendor. It mounts to the left of the compressor and you should see 2 holes that it will bolt down with. If you look at the picture closely there are slots where the sponges fit in.

The heated drain pan (http://store.technivend.com/heated-drain-pan.html) can be wired different ways depending on the water issue. I have seen them wired in so they are on when the compressor is on, tapped into the 110v power in the machine and even wired with a separate plug that is plugged into the wall on its own. We usually tap the power inside the machine.

but to clarify it does not just come with a plug or something, someone has to wire it in custom?

but to clarify it does not just come with a plug or something, someone has to wire it in custom?

I`ve only had to use a couple in my years in the business. Probably has something to do with living on the edge of a desert. :). The ones I`ve used had to be custom wired as you put it.

Archived