Chamber Of Commerce - Is It Worth It?

dogcow

curious what everyone's opinions are on C of C membership. Thinking of joining as a way to generate leads for quality locations. anyone here chamber members? did you find it worthwhile?

i am not great at cold calling on prospective accounts, plus it seems like a way to get past the "gatekeepers" since the chamber has networking events every month but its $245 to join, so not sure if that is really worth the money.

thanks in advance

curious what everyone's opinions are on C of C membership. Thinking of joining as a way to generate leads for quality locations. anyone here chamber members? did you find it worthwhile?

i am not great at cold calling on prospective accounts, plus it seems like a way to get past the "gatekeepers" since the chamber has networking events every month but its $245 to join, so not sure if that is really worth the money.

thanks in advance

Its funny you posted this. I have been going back and fourth for a year and a half waiting for a "good" time to join. Today I finally took my registration paper and dropped it by the C of C, so I can't really answer your question. There is no vending companies in my local chamber so I think it will be a good opportunity to network.

JD

In a word YES. With one caveat. If you are going to join and get anything worthwhile out if it you must get involved. Attend the luncheons, the mixers, the expos, voulnteer to serve on a committee etc.

Don`t go looking for business, go to meet and get to know people. Things will not happen overnight but with patience it will be worth it.

In a word YES. With one caveat. If you are going to join and get anything worthwhile out if it you must get involved. Attend the luncheons, the mixers, the expos, voulnteer to serve on a committee etc.

Don`t go looking for business, go to meet and get to know people. Things will not happen overnight but with patience it will be worth it.

just want to compliment the line in your signature i've always loved that quote

thx for the advice

just want to compliment the line in your signature i've always loved that quote

thx for the advice

I would have to say its probably my all time favorite.

It just seems appropriate in today`s world, more and more it seems that people are expecting the gov`t to save and protect us and not accepting responsibility for themselves.

Archived