National Vs Rowe Vs Automatic Products

HI All,

I have to buy 5 machines for some new accounts I picked up. I have a supplier that has the following machines and was wondering what you thought was the best machine to the worse machine (the same supplier has them all in "refurbished" condition).

I realize this may be like Ford VS Chevy VS dodge BUT I am looking for advice in terms of reliability and parts availability...

All the machines are about the same price (give or take $60 or so)....

Here are the machines in random order....could you help me with which is the "best" to the "worse"

The machines are: Rowe 4900 (updated to MDB), Rowe 5900 w/ Mars Validator (non MDB) , National 145, Automatic Products 4600

I realize the machines are older (not quite as old as my Tom's Polyvends tho!) but I need a bunch of them (5) and don't want to spend too many $$...

Thanks for your input and advice.

Andrew

HI All,

I have to buy 5 machines for some new accounts I picked up. I have a supplier that has the following machines and was wondering what you thought was the best machine to the worse machine (the same supplier has them all in "refurbished" condition).

I realize this may be like Ford VS Chevy VS dodge BUT I am looking for advice in terms of reliability and parts availability...

All the machines are about the same price (give or take $60 or so)....

Here are the machines in random order....could you help me with which is the "best" to the "worse"

The machines are: Rowe 4900 (updated to MDB), Rowe 5900 w/ Mars Validator (non MDB) , National 145, Automatic Products 4600

I realize the machines are older (not quite as old as my Tom's Polyvends tho!) but I need a bunch of them (5) and don't want to spend too many $$...

Thanks for your input and advice.

Andrew

Let me begin with I have little knowledge and experience with National.

So for me if I was considering buying equipment this old I would start with the upgraded Rowe, AP, the other Rowe and then the National. With two Rowe machines you have a potential parts supply if needed. The Rowe and AP can be upgraded with a generic smart board if needed as well.

Hi,

Thanks for the input....I went to order the machines today BUT the supplier told me he sold out of the Rowe 4900s (he said he could get more but it may be a little while)....he said he would update the Rowe 5900 to MDB BUT I would have to wait another week or so (I wish that didn't happen because I promised the new accounts "new" machines but the 31st....Now I have to tell them of the delay.....

I think the 5900 series is newer than the 4900 series but I seem to see more 4900's for sale (I wonder if that means parts for the 5900 will be harder to come by?

Thanks!

Andrew

HI,

Thanks for the link.....I checked them out...They sound like nice folks.

I had been talking with Ross Vending out of California....Has anybody here delt with them?

I only became familiar with them from eBay where they have a great rating.....Also, despite being in CA their prices are WAY lower.

Andrew

Archived