Study: Menu Food Labeling Does Not Impact Choices

My link

I'm not terribly surprised by the result of the study. Are you?

People don't give a rat's arse what the nutritional content is, They like it so they are going to get it! Just like warning labels on cigarettes. How many people stopped to read the side of the label with the warning then throw them away saying "oh, they are bad for me, I am going to quit!"

Just another way for the government to run and control our lives. :rolleyes:

People don't give a rat's arse what the nutritional content is, They like it so they are going to get it! Just like warning labels on cigarettes. How many people stopped to read the side of the label with the warning then throw them away saying "oh, they are bad for me, I am going to quit!"

Just another way for the government to run and control our lives. :rolleyes:

I am not at all suprised

It reminds me of an account I got a couple of years ago

when I put the snack machine in they gave me a list of "GOOD FOR YOU " items to put in the machine. When I came back three days later none "AND I MEAN NONE, ZIP, ZERO NATA" of those items sold. But all the snickers, M&M peanut and BBQ chips were gone with a note attached to the machine saying put in more snickers, M&M peanut and BBQ chips

Good article.....If a cigarette label doesn't scare you straight I seriously doubt a little salt or fat is going to even phase the average person....While I am all for being healthy, people eat stuff and do things because they like it not necessarily because it's good for them.

Andrew

PS - Snack dude - I had the exact same experience as you!

I am not at all suprised

It reminds me of an account I got a couple of years ago

when I put the snack machine in they gave me a list of "GOOD FOR YOU " items to put in the machine. When I came back three days later none "AND I MEAN NONE, ZIP, ZERO NATA" of those items sold. But all the snickers, M&M peanut and BBQ chips were gone with a note attached to the machine saying put in more snickers, M&M peanut and BBQ chips

sooo true. i try to keep 'healthy stuff' down to peanuts and nature valley bars.

reminds me i have an honor box account at 'cato' which is a plus size womens store. overall a good account but the left me a note last week "more healthier items ...granola bars,etc.." the problem is all of the granola bars id left the week before had not been eaten :D (no candy, donuts or chips were left over tho)

Archived