Product Guarantee

sphincorp

i have the opportunity to get a large stop that is being neglected by its current vendor

.....the owner/manager has expessed worry about price Bait N Switch and told my contact at the warehouse he would like to see/get some sort of guarantee or contract

.... any ideas...i have a few but new ides never hurt

.... i thought i saw a section on the old Forum Format about some contracts or guarantees that other vendors have freely submitted but couldn't find them in this format

i have the opportunity to get a large stop that is being neglected by its current vendor

.....the owner/manager has expessed worry about price Bait N Switch and told my contact at the warehouse he would like to see/get some sort of guarantee or contract

.... any ideas...i have a few but new ides never hurt

.... i thought i saw a section on the old Forum Format about some contracts or guarantees that other vendors have freely submitted but couldn't find them in this format

I have in the past offered a 6 month or one year guarantee on pricing. Looking forward at the current political and economic uncertainties I would be very hesitant about doing anything more than 6 months right now.

If you need some sort of agreement, I have a one page "service agreement" that I use in most locations and have shared with a number of members here. Many people don`t like "contracts" but will readily agree to and sign a "service agreement" which, inTexas at least, is just as enforcable. If you want a copy PM me an e-mail address.

HI,

How about this....you guarantee your price for "X" amount of time (you can pick a large number if you want) and tie any price increase from you directly into the cost of living adjustment numbers published by the government.

Alternatively you can say your cost will be "X" based on your current cost of chips (or some other product) and you will only adjust prices if YOUR costs go up (you can show them prices to you from your invoices from your suppliers and then if your suppliers raise prices to you all you have to do is show the site what increase your suppliers placed on you and that would be the reason for your price increase to then (the site)....only drawback to this is that your site will see how much you are making per item if that makes any difference...

Andrew

Archived