Dollar Bill Counter Recommended?

Seriously you are predicting you will need a cash counter?IMO a cash counter would be helpful if you are going to service at least 3 locations in a day with 3-400 dollars.I am not sure these machined distinguish ones and fives so you still would have to go thru the cash &if you are going to do that you might as well.count by hand.if you are wondering about a coin counter klopp is the best.

Yeah, SERIOUSLY.

Thanks for an answer at least. I'll look into Kloop. Sheez.

I dont think full liners that have done this for decades have a cash counter.ask them in a pm perhaps to get their attention.SERIOUSLY dont take my answer the wrong way,I saved you at least a grand,your welcome.the coin counter is a klopp by the way.my model doesnt sort the coins.I believe they have models that do.mine will count nickels and dimes if only nickels and dimes are ran thru it and it is set to count that denomination,it will only count one denomination at a time.

HI,

For counting bills I use the $200 (approx) Royal model from Sams Club.

For coins, I have a Brandt 920 (got off eBay for about $280) and a Brandt 957 (Got from a flea market for $20 so I Couldn't pass it up!)...Both are super heavy duty units and really do a great job counting and sorting coins)....I have an inserter from Brandt to shoot the coins into the tubes and a motorized setup (also Brandt) to seal the paper coin "shot gun shells"

Hope this helps you.

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For a long time I just used a cheap bill counter from Sam's. Had to replace it about every 12 months or so. I run my own change machines so I was getting a lot of mixed currency and had to sort through every stack for 5's, 10's and 20's. This year I got sick of it and splurged on a discriminating counter that would detect the odd bills for me. If you are sorting large amounts of mixed currency the extra money might be worth it.

I have a Seetech iSniper and I have heard good things about the Allison-Cummings machines.

Even for small full-liners, the couple hundred bucks for a coin sorter and bill counter is well worth the money, in my opinion. I could certainly take the time to count the coins by hand (I did for the first 12 months), but just pouring a bag of change into the hopper and have it dump by denomination into tubes for me is great.

For the bill counter, a discriminator is nice....but MUCH more expensive. I would recommend a decent counter. Take the time to run through your stack of money and remove any 5's and run the 1's through the counter!

Travis

I picked up a used bill counter from Carnation very cheap. It is reliable and continues to run like a champ despite much abuse. By abuse I mean the accidental running through of coins that happens from time to time due to coins being in the same bags with bills during collection. My old counter (an older model used Cummins) crapped out after the second nickle that passed through its maw! I plan on splurging on a bill counter that designates $5 bills since I now have several machines that accept those. I have seen them used for $800 or so and it is nearly time for Waverly's to get one.

Archived