Buy a van...Land a Location!

sbishop

I got my taxes back and went van shopping. I found a van at a used tire shop. The owner's friend was selling it and he let him part it there on a busy street.

I was there quite a while, waiting on the owner to get there. the hole time the place was packed. Car after car was worked ou. There is no inside waiting area. The small office does not have air condition. I saw a 3 liter coke sitting outside, no fridge.

After finishing with the van I asked the owner about putting a machine and he almost begged me too!

I got my taxes back and went van shopping. I found a van at a used tire shop. The owner's friend was selling it and he let him part it there on a busy street.

I was there quite a while, waiting on the owner to get there. the hole time the place was packed. Car after car was worked ou. There is no inside waiting area. The small office does not have air condition. I saw a 3 liter coke sitting outside, no fridge.

After finishing with the van I asked the owner about putting a machine and he almost begged me too!

Congrats on the location. Will the machine be inside the building somewhere or outside against a wall?

how many employees at that location?

i have a tire shop location it was easy to land for a good reason! :(

Congrats on the location

It sounds like there was enough traffic to warrant a try.

My two concerns would be that the machine be inside the building but visible and that there was not a 7/11 or speedway or something like that next door or across the street. Other than that I say step on the gas!

Congrats on the location

It sounds like there was enough traffic to warrant a try.

My two concerns would be that the machine be inside the building but visible and that there was not a 7/11 or speedway or something like that next door or across the street. Other than that I say step on the gas!

my experience with the tire shop reinforced that employee count matters more than foot traffic

there is a lot of traffic in and out of there every day but small # of employees, it does about 50 dollars a month :(

The machine will be outside. There is no inside to speak of, just a small office for the owner.

Right now I am focusing on expanding. I'll give anything a try right now. All I have to do call coke and tell them where to leave the machine. IF it does not work out I just call them back and ask them to pick it up.

The machine will be outside. There is no inside to speak of, just a small office for the owner.

Right now I am focusing on expanding. I'll give anything a try right now. All I have to do call coke and tell them where to leave the machine. IF it does not work out I just call them back and ask them to pick it up.

I can certainly relate to being willing to try anything. Just to rehash a few pointers about outdoor equipment.

1. When you order the machine tell them it will be outdoors and request extra security hasps be intalled before delivery.

2. Keep quarters and dimes in the mech at half or less and check machine at least once a week just to remove cash to minimize loss in the event of breakin.

3. Keep inventory to bare minimum for the same reason.

4. Clean DBV and mech everytime to maximize reliability.

Keep us posted I`d like to hear how the location does.

I can certainly relate to being willing to try anything. Just to rehash a few pointers about outdoor equipment.

1. When you order the machine tell them it will be outdoors and request extra security hasps be intalled before delivery.

2. Keep quarters and dimes in the mech at half or less and check machine at least once a week just to remove cash to minimize loss in the event of breakin.

3. Keep inventory to bare minimum for the same reason.

4. Clean DBV and mech everytime to maximize reliability.

Keep us posted I`d like to hear how the location does.

Thanks for the ideas. I am ordering from coke THIS ONE it has a metal front and is designed for rough areas.

• 3 weeks later...

Loaded the machine yesterday. I discovered that I had not noticed a small motel next to the tire shop. I guess I was too focused on buying the van. The coke machine is outside and the motel office is right next to the machine. This should help the sales greatly!!

Loaded the machine yesterday. I discovered that I had not noticed a small motel next to the tire shop. I guess I was too focused on buying the van. The coke machine is outside and the motel office is right next to the machine. This should help the sales greatly!!

what'd the location end up doing?

Archived