Designing a rack that appeases mall managers

someguy

I'm looking at this location that wants a wooden set up where all the machines face one direction (so it can be against a wall).

I've looked on craigslist--but didn't find an effective way to search it even with craigspal.

I've even browsed the home entertainment center looking for something I could modify. Anyone have a good option? I know there are a few sites that make them, but most charge a larger mark up than our products! I'm considering building one myself if I can't find one to buy at a reasonable price.

I've included a picture to prevent any confusion. I'm looking to buy (or build) something like this. Preferably the top would come out as far as the bottom so the kids could see it better. Then again for the machines perhaps the way this is built--but flat on the back, would be perfect...

I need some outside juice to keep the creative powers flowing.

I just spent 2 minutes with google and the term 'used store fixtures' and came up with things like this:

http://www.gershelbros.com/product301.html

A city of any decent size will have one or more stores that deal in used store fixtures, if you are lucky maybe you can find something that will work. If not, at least it may give you some design ideas looking at what's out there for retail stores.

Jerry

I'm looking at this location that wants a wooden set up where all the machines face one direction (so it can be against a wall).

I've looked on craigslist--but didn't find an effective way to search it even with craigspal.

I've even browsed the home entertainment center looking for something I could modify. Anyone have a good option? I know there are a few sites that make them, but most charge a larger mark up than our products! I'm considering building one myself if I can't find one to buy at a reasonable price.

I've included a picture to prevent any confusion. I'm looking to buy (or build) something like this. Preferably the top would come out as far as the bottom so the kids could see it better. Then again for the machines perhaps the way this is built--but flat on the back, would be perfect...

I need some outside juice to keep the creative powers flowing.

I didn't find any links on your message to any pictures, so I can't say if this is really what you are looking for.

I make all my own stands. Most look like this. See my gallery for more.

Costs about $15 to make and I can shoot out about 4 in a weekend.

gallery_1_7_10465.jpg

I didn't find any links on your message to any pictures, so I can't say if this is really what you are looking for.

I make all my own stands. Most look like this. See my gallery for more.

Costs about $15 to make and I can shoot out about 4 in a weekend.

gallery_1_7_10465.jpg

That is a pretty cool setup there

• 1 month later...

That is a pretty cool setup there

Back to working on this. Should finish taxes today and be able to really get into my vending.

http://www.gumball-machine.com/45-black-Vending-Machines-Black-Rack.aspx

Here's what we've worked out. I need to be able to build a black box to go around the bottom of these machines. It'll be about 16 inches tall. I need to have this done in two weeks. I'm not a pro at carpentry, but I'll try my hand.

What do you think? Houtex, I know you build some custom stands. This seems like it should be less complex.

Archived