Price of gas

mission vending

The examples below do NOT imply that gasoline is cheap; it just illustrates how outrageous some prices are....

You will be really shocked by the last one!

(At least, I was...)

Compared with Gasoline......

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ..........$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ..... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 ......... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 ...... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 .. $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ....... . $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 .....$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER !!

Evian water 9 oz $1.49..$21.19 per gallon! $21.19 for WATER and the buyers don't even know the source

(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap :huh:

So they have you hooked for the ink.

Someone calculated the cost of the ink at...............

(you won't believe it....but it is true........)

$5,200 a gal. (five thousand two hundred dollars !!!)

So, the next time you're at the pump,be glad your car doesn't run on water, Scope, or Whiteout, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil or God forbid, Printer Ink !

Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your next trip to the pump !!!

Here's another way to look at it. The consumption of the product.

Let's say you consume two bottles of Snapple a day. It will take you 4 days to drink a gallon.

Now, let's say you consume two gallons of gas a day. This is a realistic number for the average person. The national average of gas is $3.38 a gallon as of today. You will consume 8 gallons of gas in 4 days which will cost $27.04 compared to Snapple at $10.32. Gas is more than doubled if you look at it that way.

The key word is consumption. Either way you look at it, it's scary not humorous. Especially if you're living on a limited income like me or unemployed.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another way to look at it. The consumption of the product.

Let's say you consume two bottles of Snapple a day. It will take you 4 days to drink a gallon.

Now, let's say you consume two gallons of gas a day. This is a realistic number for the average person. The national average of gas is $3.38 a gallon as of today. You will consume 8 gallons of gas in 4 days which will cost $27.04 compared to Snapple at $10.32. Gas is more than doubled if you look at it that way.

The key word is consumption. Either way you look at it, it's scary not humorous. Especially if you're living on a limited income like me or unemployed.

Yes, it is consumption...if most Americans could take their heads out of their rears, and consume less snapple, bottled water, cable, vacations, shopping trips, ipads, iphones, flat screens, new cars, houses they should be in because they cant afford them, etc, then the price of gas would not affect people nearly the way they believe it does.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is consumption...if most Americans could take their heads out of their rears, and consume less snapple, bottled water, cable, vacations, shopping trips, ipads, iphones, flat screens, new cars, houses they should be in because they cant afford them, etc, then the price of gas would not affect people nearly the way they believe it does.

Very true. Life is full of choices and people have different ways of prioritizing them. :o

I look at the price of gas a little different.

I choose to drive a bigger vehicle that can haul what I need it to haul. I am comforted by the fact that there is a lot of metal surrounding me. I've seen so many accidents with smaller vehicles that get smashed to pieces. I feel if I am ever in an accident that I have a better chance for survival because of the larger vehicle. So paying for the gas that it uses is a choice I have made. So I don't really complain about it.

Most luxuries in life cost a little more so why should driving a larger vehicle be any different? Just my .02.

I look at the price of gas a little different.

I choose to drive a bigger vehicle that can haul what I need it to haul. I am comforted by the fact that there is a lot of metal surrounding me. I've seen so many accidents with smaller vehicles that get smashed to pieces. I feel if I am ever in an accident that I have a better chance for survival because of the larger vehicle. So paying for the gas that it uses is a choice I have made. So I don't really complain about it.

Most luxuries in life cost a little more so why should driving a larger vehicle be any different? Just my .02.

I told my girlfriend that I had made some extra money vending in the past month and that I was taking her out for an expensive night out. She said to the gas station it is then for gas, coke and p-nuts.

Archived