convert flat front to bubble front?

dogcow

just pulled a machine like this (dn501t) off location

dnbrown501.jpg

(not the actual machine just posted a stock pic)

debating whether to sell it off or try to refurb it. its a very dated looking machine i am wondering if anyone knows if there is some way to convert it to a bubble front? or at least is there a place that sells replacement fronts for it because the one on there is very scratched and damaged.

also does anyone happen to know if this machine can be placed outside?

dnbrown501.jpg

debating whether to sell it off or try to refurb it. its a very dated looking machine i am wondering if anyone knows if there is some way to convert it to a bubble front? or at least is there a place that sells replacement fronts for it because the one on there is very scratched and damaged.

I don't see how you can convert a flat to a bubble front without being very handy at metal working and putting way more effort into a machine than what it is worth. If you want to refurb you can make the machine look pretty good using replacement panels. I've used these guys a number of times for new panels and vinyl:

Tufffronts

As for the outdoor question, look for the UL sticker, it will tell you if its rated for indoor only or indoor/outdoor use. If the sticker is gone check with DN. Here is a link to their contacts:

DN contacts

I don't see how you can convert a flat to a bubble front without being very handy at metal working and putting way more effort into a machine than what it is worth. If you want to refurb you can make the machine look pretty good using replacement panels. I've used these guys a number of times for new panels and vinyl:

Tufffronts

As for the outdoor question, look for the UL sticker, it will tell you if its rated for indoor only or indoor/outdoor use. If the sticker is gone check with DN. Here is a link to their contacts:

DN contacts

where would the UL sticker be?

where would the UL sticker be?

First place I'd look is on back of machine. After that around where power cord goes into machine, then inside the door where the mech and DBV are at. If you still have not found it I'd suggest contacting the folks at DN.

If you don`t know the distributor for DN in your area the factory folks can get the info for you. That`s one source. Tuffronts, Vendors Exchange and even Technivend ought to be able get one as well. Call around and find the best deal.

If you are open to used, look up some of the local refurb guys and see if they might have one that they pulled off a machine somewhere. Get the measurements, if you can find one from another brand at a better price you can always cut it to size. Lexan is pretty easy to cut. A saber saw with a fine tooth blade will do the job in a few minutes.

dnbrown501.jpg

NBS sells them,their website is http://www.nbsinc.net/ give them a call,I've used them for their side stickers but haven't used their fronts yet.I need to get a front but put that on the back burner for now.

John

• 2 months later...

Archived