Cleaning a snack machine on location?

spdydre

I just purchased a snack machine on a location and all the columns are filthy/sticky. I really feel like wheeling a hose into the building and spraying the whole machine out. Now the machine is empty and this place stays open 24/7 and I am going to attempt to clean it while there arent many employees on site. What product is best to get rid of all the sticky sugar and food stuck? Should I just take some soap and water and scrub it down then dry up afterwards? Trying to see what the best way is without flooding the breakroom lol. I could leave it as is but I really cant work with a machine this dirty.

I just purchased a snack machine on a location and all the columns are filthy/sticky. I really feel like wheeling a hose into the building and spraying the whole machine out. Now the machine is empty and this place stays open 24/7 and I am going to attempt to clean it while there arent many employees on site. What product is best to get rid of all the sticky sugar and food stuck? Should I just take some soap and water and scrub it down then dry up afterwards? Trying to see what the best way is without flooding the breakroom lol. I could leave it as is but I really cant work with a machine this dirty.

Depending on how bad and built up the stuff is...

Start with something like simple green. If that does not work, a concentrated all purpose cleaner/degreaser ( try home Depot or janitorial supply company.) Zep is a good one that I have used.

Worst case is that you will need a solvent type cleaner to cut through the buildup.

yeah I just got back from cleaning it. I just used simple green, water and a scrubber. It worked out even though it took me 3 hours the machine is now spotless. The employees in the breakroom just sat and watched me and couldnt believe the machine was actually being cleaned lol even got a few compliments

yeah I just got back from cleaning it. I just used simple green, water and a scrubber. It worked out even though it took me 3 hours the machine is now spotless. The employees in the breakroom just sat and watched me and couldnt believe the machine was actually being cleaned lol even got a few compliments

what kinda scrubber

Archived