Name that machine!

post-120-0-30180600-1300928398_thumb.jpg

Thoughts on model and a good price?

Thanks

JD

Looks like a Vendo Vue series. Probably a 40. See if you can get info about the version of software and chip for the hand. The early versions are a pain to work with.

Pic is kind of small, but it looks like its in pretty decent shape. Around 2K would not be unreasonable if all is good.

Looks like a Vendo Vue series. Probably a 40. See if you can get info about the version of software and chip for the hand. The early versions are a pain to work with.

Pic is kind of small, but it looks like its in pretty decent shape. Around 2K would not be unreasonable if all is good.

Mission, you can click on the picture and make it bigger. Asking price is $1000.

Mission, you can click on the picture and make it bigger. Asking price is $1000.

Not on my phone :). The Vendo Vue IMO is a decent machine. They do have some problems. I currently have 6 on lease from Coke and for the most part I don`t have many problems with them. The ones (problems) that I do have are always the same thing.

I`ve been told by my Coke rep that Coke is no longer buying these machines because to make them work as reliably as possible they nedd more TLC than a route guy will provide.

Even if it needs software and chip upgrades, for that price I`d probably buy it.

Not on my phone :). The Vendo Vue IMO is a decent machine. They do have some problems. I currently have 6 on lease from Coke and for the most part I don`t have many problems with them. The ones (problems) that I do have are always the same thing.

I`ve been told by my Coke rep that Coke is no longer buying these machines because to make them work as reliably as possible they nedd more TLC than a route guy will provide.

Even if it needs software and chip upgrades, for that price I`d probably buy it.

I picked up this machine and a National 657 coffee for $1700 (so $850 each). The changers are also already filled with change :) How do I know if I need to upgrade the software? What should I look out for? Does the robot ever crash?

JD

I picked up this machine and a National 657 coffee for $1700 (so $850 each). The changers are also already filled with change :) How do I know if I need to upgrade the software? What should I look out for? Does the robot ever crash?

JD

When you apply power to the machine it will show you the software version. If you put money in the machine and the elevator goes up to the middle of the machine you have newer software but maybe not the latest and greatest.

The hand is important though. Look at the picker fingers. If they are gray rubber you have later hand. If you have white foam it is the old style which is problematic.

When you apply power to the machine it will show you the software version. If you put money in the machine and the elevator goes up to the middle of the machine you have newer software but maybe not the latest and greatest.

The hand is important though. Look at the picker fingers. If they are gray rubber you have later hand. If you have white foam it is the old style which is problematic.

After you get the software version from the LED screen you can call Vendo to see if it needs upgrading. One other suggestion, I have gotten into the habit of recalibrating the machine at every service, it seems to result in fewer errors. Its a simple process that takes about 15 seconds on your part, you can get that info from Vendo as well or let me know and we can arrange a time to talk when in front of the machine and I can talk you through it.

The robot stays at the bottom of the machine until the selection is made. I think it has the white foam, but I have to check. Is it the foam that is problematic, or is that just the sign of a problematic hand version?

JD

It would be an indication that the machine has had no upgrades. The hands have a 5 year warranty that comes with new software. Have the serial number ready when you call Vendo and see if your unit is still covered.

There is a date code on the Vue on the serial number plate. It is the T number (starts with T)

It would be an indication that the machine has had no upgrades. The hands have a 5 year warranty that comes with new software. Have the serial number ready when you call Vendo and see if your unit is still covered.

There is a date code on the Vue on the serial number plate. It is the T number (starts with T)

In case you don't have it.... 1-800-344-7216.

Archived