Operation Locate has begun

mainor5251

Have quite a few machines to get out over the next month or two and have been stratigizing. Besides self locating been thinking about an idea I read about on here some time back and was wondering if anyone had actually tried it. The plan is to get with different school athletic groups or even school bands and get them to have the kids in the program to network with friends and familys to secure locations, once machine is placed the program gets 25% commission a month off the machine. And to motivate the kids, a first place, second place, third place gift certificate for the top 3 grossing locations after 3-5 months. Would love to hear some thoughts or insights on this.

Have quite a few machines to get out over the next month or two and have been stratigizing. Besides self locating been thinking about an idea I read about on here some time back and was wondering if anyone had actually tried it. The plan is to get with different school athletic groups or even school bands and get them to have the kids in the program to network with friends and familys to secure locations, once machine is placed the program gets 25% commission a month off the machine. And to motivate the kids, a first place, second place, third place gift certificate for the top 3 grossing locations after 3-5 months. Would love to hear some thoughts or insights on this.

Interesting idea. If you can get an in with a place it may be good. To motivate high school kids is another project all in itelf at least in my area. They all have more disposable income than I do. I think many of them are on a $10 a day allowance now days.

The idea is in a vending Ebook here on the site. The main motivation is the revenue from the machines supporting the school band or baseball team. They can use the money for travel, uniforms, competitions, equipment, etc. I like the competiton aspect though.

got a foot in the door with a very popular local charity in one of the towns i am planning on doing some locating in, will find out more tomorrow. Its a smaller town but has at least 30-35 viable locations, I'll settle for 20 of them ;)

Mainor any uipdate it's been a long time since yesterday.

My wife is the one that knows the lady and the lady was out sick the other day, so my wife left a message, should hear something monday or tuesday. Got a couple other solid leads, pizza place (a buddy of mine is good friends with the owner), 2 more chain restaurant locations (got a machine in 1 loc. talked to a manager today about 2 other locations) will know by thursday, my wifes half sister just took a job at a restaurant that might be interested in a machine so we will see how all this unfolds later this week.

Operation locate was a success. Got 5 new restaurant locations today. Was unable to get a hold of my contact for 2 more today and but also have some other maybes we'll let the owner know and get back to you, we all know how them go though. And the charity in the other town our on board and the lady is compiling a contact list of supporting businesses, I'll be hitting this town next week. Looking forward to the 1st months' pull.

Operation locate was a success. Got 5 new restaurant locations today. Was unable to get a hold of my contact for 2 more today and but also have some other maybes we'll let the owner know and get back to you, we all know how them go though. And the charity in the other town our on board and the lady is compiling a contact list of supporting businesses, I'll be hitting this town next week. Looking forward to the 1st months' pull.

sounds like you had a very busy and productive day! congratulations on your new locations, I hope they are all gravy accts!

One of the maybe's I got the other day left a message on my phone today giving permission to drop off a machine, I think this is the first "I'll check and get back to you" that actually got back to me. Its another bar and grill place on the beach.

A pizza place, a chinese buffet, a seafood market and deli (they also have live gators that the kids come to see, a BBQ restaurant, and a bar and grill. Got some new leads also. It was fun. Feeling blessed!

Looks like would be a good place for gator food for the kids. two heads with gator food. hummmmh

• 2 weeks later...

James how about an update on the locating adventure?

I only do vending 2 days a week and last week was spent getting ready for my daughter's birthday party, which was an absolute success, had about 40 people over and she got tons of presents. This week I took today off and just relaxed around the house, tomorrow I have to place 3 machines (locations already secured) and service about 13 locations. Next week operation locate will resume!

Ain't it funny how life gets in the way sometimes? I have the same thing happen to me. Makes me wonder how I will handle it all if I ever get to be full time.

Its gonna get a lot worse before it gets better. Building up enough to leave my full time job but still be able to manage a full time job, right now its no problem but its gonna be tough when I get to 150 locations and still working full time, unfortunately there are no part time positions with current employer so its gonna be hard to bridge the gap. Gonna have to go back to working midnights to be able to utilize the days for vending eventually.

Archived