You all have me freaking about coin mechs.

MrGranger

Do you have problems with coin mechs jamming, sticky coins, or pennies & slugs being stuck in them? I've been lucky so far, but I did have a problem with a couple .25 coin mechs in A&A PN95. So far the .50 mechs that I got have been fine. But the Beavers & Northwesterns that I have so far have been okay. Now I need to get some more machines and was thinking about getting more A&A PN95 with .50 mechs. Then I thought maybe I should get a used NW Super60 instead, but the used ones I see have .25 mechs. Maybe I should go for Beavers...but they won't match the 2" Northwestern 80s that I am looking to pair with. Anyone try to mix completely different style machines?

Does anyone still have problems with the A&A Global mechs or just the old mechs? What about Oak or Northwestern? Is Beaver the only dependable mech? It costs so much though and doesn't seem to go with the 2" machines.

Am I worrying for nothing?

I can't answer any of your other questions but I can tell you that a new generation beaver mech fits on the oak acorns.

I did have to grind off a small "extra" piece of metal .

Beaver only puts that extra piece there to make them incompatible with other brands..but it was an easy fix. The beaver mech also fits on lypc as well...

I can't answer any of your other questions but I can tell you that a new generation beaver mech fits on the oak acorns.

I did have to grind off a small "extra" piece of metal .

Beaver only puts that extra piece there to make them incompatible with other brands..but it was an easy fix. The beaver mech also fits on lypc as well...

Thanks for the info. My problem with Beaver mechs are that they cost $30+ and shipping is a killer. I priced two $1 mechs recently and it made more sense to just buy two new machines than the mechs alone.

Do you have problems with coin mechs jamming, sticky coins, or pennies & slugs being stuck in them? I've been lucky so far, but I did have a problem with a couple .25 coin mechs in A&A PN95. So far the .50 mechs that I got have been fine. But the Beavers & Northwesterns that I have so far have been okay. Now I need to get some more machines and was thinking about getting more A&A PN95 with .50 mechs. Then I thought maybe I should get a used NW Super60 instead, but the used ones I see have .25 mechs. Maybe I should go for Beavers...but they won't match the 2" Northwestern 80s that I am looking to pair with. Anyone try to mix completely different style machines?

Does anyone still have problems with the A&A Global mechs or just the old mechs? What about Oak or Northwestern? Is Beaver the only dependable mech? It costs so much though and doesn't seem to go with the 2" machines.

Am I worrying for nothing?

I think you are worrying for nothing. I have had problems with NW and Oak from time to time but nothing I couldn't take care of. The problems are usually easy to spot. Just take the mech out and work it while watching. The Super 60 mech is super easy to upgrade to .50.

Personally I think racks with NW on top and Beaver on bottom are just fine. I also have setups like this. Just worry about getting them built and on location. The location won't complain about machines not matching. You are worrying a little much. Any coin mech can have problems because they are built by humans. :)

I have even had trouble with Beaver mechs in the past but if people shove slugs and toothpicks in a mech sooner or later anything gets jammed up. Always make sure you have spares and a toolkit with you when you service.

You are worrying a little much.

Thanks for all the advice. I've been trying to read as much as I can, and stick to quality machines. If you go through a lot of the archived posts here you'll see problems with coin mechs as a reoccurring theme. It's hard to tell if they are anomalies or regular occurrences. I think as I started to get regular locations setup and cannot be there in person, my worry level rose a bit higher. I like the shows where I control everything and can swap out machines at a whim. And I can fix problems immediately. Leaving a machine to work on it's own for a few weeks is a bit daunting to me. I'm too into control I think. So I'm taking your advice and not worrying too much about it.

Thanks for the info.

JusT BOUGHT 14 NEW BEAVERS WELL BUY USED FROM TIME TO TIME, HOW EVER NEW IS NICE, I LIKE TROUBLE FREE THAT WHY I BUY BEAVER WITH THE COST OF GAS AND DRIVE TIME. ONE MUST TAKE IN ACCOUNT. LOVE MY BEAVERS. I DO USE NW AS WELL ON LARGER MACHINES MANLY DO TO I CAN GET THEM. THANKS JAY

Beaver equipment is the only equipment to operate if you are going to go big...Yes, its expensive but the equipment just keeps on running..A couple of my racks are over 20 years old (coin mechs too) and they still look new...Worth every penny..or should i say quarter!!

Oh, this topic is about coin mechs. Sorry. I only have a few beavers on some bounceroos...... I like the Northwestern much better. Easier to work on IMHO.

And never had any problem with the coin mechs?

Definitely have helps calm my fears, thanks for the replies. I just got my third location and in two weeks have another big show for my monster machines. I appreciate all the help.

Archived