Can anyone identify this Dixie Model

I bought this machine off Craigslist and I am going to pick up tonight. I am kinda screwed because the truck i was going to use won't be out of the shop until Monday. I need to know the measurements because, I am hoping I can put this baby in my van and then just leave it upright at home for a day before plugging it in.

machine pics

Not much to really go by but if I were to guess I would say a 501R. It would be about 72h x 37w x 30ish deep.

It would most likely fit in a full size van. One trick I learned from a customer is to take an old broomstick and cut it about 2-3 feet wide. Then lay the machine in the van on top of the broomstick. The broomstick will roll between the machine and the floor of the van causing less damage to both as well as your back. Leave it upright for at least 24hrs and you should be good.

Just no "Dukes of Hazzard" with the machine ;D

I bought this machine off Craigslist and I am going to pick up tonight. I am kinda screwed because the truck i was going to use won't be out of the shop until Monday. I need to know the measurements because, I am hoping I can put this baby in my van and then just leave it upright at home for a day before plugging it in.

machine pics

thats funny i looked at that one a few times on CL and wondered how cheap could u get it for. i hope u didnt pay 150 because after moving aggravation , black paint,new buttons (it looks like someone used a labelmaker over them ) and some vinyl to cover that woodgrain stuff ur probably close to the cost of a better one

$100. Compressor, validator, coin mech, buttons, and motors all work. I have paint left from my last 2 machines, a nice coat of satin black oil base, and 2 bulbs $12, and about $15 worth of vinyl and it should be good to go. The buttons I will try to clean first, and if that doesnt work, I will buy them. So, $127 investment and I will have an extra soda machine. Not really extra, I have two locations waiting for machines. Just need to find a cheap 3 or 4 wide snack and I am in business. I have access and capital to buy other equipment available, but I am cheap, and the locs are willing to wait a few weeks for me.

Just no "Dukes of Hazzard" with the machine ;D

So when I get home, having two broomsticks under it and backing up with the door open is out? Dang!

Thanks so much for the info!

i sent u a pm where u can get a soda and snack for 500 out in winter haven, thought about it but its too far for me

im surprised u couldnt get it for less its been reposted for months

Thanks. I tried, but got know responsefrom them

Missed this deal too apparently. I had everything set for this morning, and the guy didn't return my calls or show. Even had a truck to bring it home in. Getting a hitch mounted to the Sportage next week, and I will just rent a trailer when needed in the future.

Archived